Thread: Cannot disable Nokia C7 GPRS connection

Cannot disable Nokia C7 GPRS connection

Friends, I am having the Nokia C7, which a very good phone to use I can say but I am facing a minute problem with that. I have recently upgraded the operating system of it to the version 014.002.03.01. After upgrade I found that the GPRS connection of it remains active whether I am using the internet or not. I can always see the “E” sign on the screen which I don’t like. I know that this can be removed from some setting in that but I don’t know that where I can get those setting. It will be so nice if you can give the solution for this. Thank you!!!

Re: Cannot disable Nokia C7 GPRS connection

Have you configured the Nokia Messaging or any other app like that? These applications continuously require the internet connection. I would like to tell you that if you have done so then these applications will always be connected to the internet and obviously, you are going to see the internet mark on your screen. This is one of the reasons that I can tell you now. Removing such application will resolve the problem for you.

It’s a minor internet setting problem. If you go to the internet settings then you will that there is one option that says how you want to make use of the internjet. You will be given two options there as “always online” and “When needed”. I think that in your case, it is set to “always online” and you are getting that problem. Just set that to “When needed” and if needed then restart your phone. You will found that the internet sign will be removed from the screen.

Well, I'm not certain for the Nokia C7, as they have not had much time in a device S ^ 3, and as often have a task manager of the third party to verify every the background processes. The social application, or facebook and twitter widgets also permanently connected to the Internet unless you set GPRS/3G widgets to offline. Just do that as it is continually using the internet and it will resolve the problem for you.

Earlier I was also having the same problem with this phone. I establish a task manager that the program was giving me the problem that is keeping the connection to: wrtdownloadmgtserver.exe this is the server-side client applications store Ovi. that does not end if you have been entering the store with your account and close Ovi. so you're trying to keep up the GPRS connection. Debugging large Nokia, I am not impressed with this phone.