Thread: Alternate for Acer 3830TG

Alternate for Acer 3830TG

According to me it’s at the present rather confirmed that the 3830TG has problem with throttling. Because after starting the machine and after startup the temperatures arrive at 80 degrees C, resultant, a CPU frequency drops from 2.7GHz to 1.2GHz which is worried able. And not getting what is the actual issue in these? Thus at last with this issue I have planned to have a new laptop, thus is there any model that Hopefully don’t have such problems. thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Alternate for Acer 3830TG

See this is just a overheating problem in your machine, thus I would say no need to buy a new laptop, rather you can just simply have some quick solution to these, I mean to say whenever you startup the machine you should always sit in well ventilate place rather than the quite hotter, so this would not happen again, and really as you have mentioned that you are planning to have the new one, this doesn’t make any sense really.

Yeah I would say the same about the acer as whatever they promises about their product they don’t after that put that effort, there are many problems regarding these hardware’s thus in fact I was once thinking the same to have another laptop rather than these model, but no one is ready to buy this model because of these issues. So I am just having this only, and after sometime will buy the new one, I am waiting for the Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e420s, so I would suggest you the same if you want to buy.

See, I don’t know this will help or not but still I would like to recommend you that you should try to fix the overheating issue rather than buying the new laptop, it might be possible that you are having that you are having problem in the BIOS, thus my recommendation is to change the BIOS, I mean to say that you should reinstall the same BIOS, or else you can have another option too like you can simply upgrade the BIOS version, this may help you to decrease the CPU temperature.

Hey thanks guys as your all the suggestion was very helpful, and most importantly the BIOS updating was truly helpful. But still i have make a deal to sell this current model that I have and planned to have a new one, and let me tell you that I use to play games on my machine, so off course this is going to utilize more CPU, so which one would be best laptop for me, especially don’t have the overheating problem in that? any suggestion would be appreciated.

Well, this will cost you more but yeah you’ll get best PC as you are waiting for, you should simply buy the Gaming laptop only, rather than the commercial, and there are no such laptop have exactly resolved overheating problem, every model get heated, all we have to do is like we have to take care about that, like we have to make some quick precautions, such as while playing the game we should close all other running programs. But as you are looking for the model I would say you should carry on with the Lenovo y570, a very good RIG it has really, you can have the exact specification from the internet.