Thread: How to delete favorite routes in Ovi maps 3.03

How to delete favorite routes in Ovi maps 3.03

Hey guys I am using nokia E72 and I have installed some of the maps in it. I have marked some of them as my favorite. And now I want to remove them from my phone, and the issue is I am unable to delete these favorite routes. As they are no more use full for me I want to remove them from my phone. Can anyone guide me so that I can remove them from my phone? i have tried removing through my mobile Ovi maps but i am unable to do so. So want some other method to remove them.

Re: How to delete favorite routes in Ovi maps 3.03

I am using the nokia 5800 and I found that I can delete it by going into the application manager from settings and the select the installed application and from there you will find the option of delete file option and select Nokia Maps. I have seen that it is only of 9Mb. There you can pen the Ovi maps 3.01 and from there it is easy to delete the routes from there. It was really very easy for me. You can try this option and see if you are able to delete these routes.

It is very simple to remove the route from the favorites. All you need to do is just select the route you want to remove. Then select on search, you will be prompted with the keyboard on the bottom of the screen. Once you get the screen, now press the back space button from the keyboard and it will ask you that would you like to delete the route? Once you select yes then it will delete the route from your favorite forever.

With Ovi maps I think it will be easier for you to manage and delete what you want with the internet service on your PC. To do this you will need to synchronize your phone and the Ovi maps service. This will make all the items in your phone to share it with the Ovi maps in your account. If you are unable to delete the favorite routes from the mobile phone then you can remove it through the Ovi maps from the PC.

With Ovi maps I think it will be easier for you to manage and delete what you want with the internet service on your PC. To do this you will need to synchronize your phone and the Ovi maps service. This will make all the items in your phone to share it with the Ovi maps in your account. If you are unable to delete the favorite routes from the mobile phone then you can remove it through the Ovi maps from the PC.

You need to login in to the Ovi website through the PC internet. You can see the list of routes that you have marked as favorites. You can find a star sign in front of the routes. Just move your cursor over the star sign and click on it, it will remove the favorite symbol from there. After doing that now you can sync your phone with the Ovi maps through the PC or open the Ovi maps and then select synchronize option. After synchronization is complete you will find that your favorite’s routes will not be seen.