Thread: Navigation button is not working in E71

Navigation button is not working in E71

I am having my E71 from many months, and till know I did not know that there is a special navigation button in it. I also used to use it for selecting things but I never used it as a mouse pad. From one of my friend who is having E72 I came to know that the button was not working for scrolling purpose and same with me also. I have tried to activate it through the setup but unable to find anything. Can anyone help me out for activating it?

Re: Navigation button is not working in E71

For the first time you need to download and install the maps and then install it on your phone. It seems that no maps are included in the phone previously. After you get the maps that you want, install in the phone then try using it. If you still find a problem in opening the maps then you must require making some settings for the navigation. If you could not find any settings then you can refer to the user manual that came with your phone.

By default in all phones the navigation option is off in the navigation settings. So you will be required to ON the navigation option. You also need to turn ON the vibration option. To make the settings, you can go on the control panel from the main menu and then select the settings and the select personalization. From there you have to select the optical navigation key. Once you select the optical key, select the vibration and then make it ON.

I was also getting the same issue that the navigation keys were not working properly. So what I was supposed to do is, I had to perform the reset for the phone. Once you reset your phone it will solve many of the problems. But make sure that before you make reset, take the backup of all your stuffs in some other place or even in your memory card. As, the reset option will erase everything that is on your phone.

For the first time, when the navigation keys were not working, I just followed the simple step that was to switch off and then switch ON the phone. That time my problem was solved and I was able to use the navigation keys properly for few months. But, now I again got the same problem that my navigation keys were not working. I have tried the same method that I followed earlier or restarting the phone but this didn’t help me out this time. Please suggest me something.

It was just a 1 day for the phone I brought. I found that my navigation key stopped working. So I would go to the shop and check for the issue, I just made a phone to reboot. I found that after doing reboot my phone started working perfectly. So I think sometime there are necessities to restart your phone if the keys are not working before taking it for getting repaired. This will solve your issue and even will save the money of getting it repaired.

I have solved this issue for my phone when I was unable to use the navigation keys. I tried lots of many other methods of restarting a phone and many others. But I didn’t find any solution for it. So what I did was, I made a factory reset. You can do this by just dialing the *#7780#. If you still could not find the solution then try making a soft reset. To do this you will have to dial *#7370#. But make sure that before you make any resetting make a back up of all your things in the phone.