Thread: Headset symbol is seen without connecting headset in C7-00

Headset symbol is seen without connecting headset in C7-00

Hey guys I have brought new nokia C7 last month, I am really happy with this mobile. But I don’t know for what reason form last week I am getting a headset symbol on my phone even if it is not connected. Does anyone facing the similar issue like this, and then please let me know. Can it be because of the VPN or VOIP installation on the cellular?

Re: Headset symbol is seen without connecting headset in C7-00

It looks strange because I too get many times the head set symbol on my phone even if I have not connected the headset. So I came to know from my friend who was also facing the same problem that, first we should remove the battery of the phone and then slightly blow some air in the jack where you connect the headset. As there can be some dirt or something that can be cleaned out by blowing some air into it.

If you are facing the same problem, again and again then first switch off the phone and then try inserting the headset into the jack where you connect the headset. And wait for some time for the phone to display the message. After you get the message remove the headset from the jack, and you will find that you will not see any headset symbol now. If you still find the same symbol, then try it once again repeating the same method.

There is not much to worry about this, as I have seen many people facing the similar issue that they still find the headset symbol even if you have not connected it. So many people found the solution just by removing the battery and then blowing some air into the jack to remove the dust if it is present there. If you still face the problem then go to the shop from where you have purchased the phone and then tell them to solve this, as you are still in the warranty period.

The simplest, fastest and the most convenient method to solve this are to remove the battery and the blow some air. But many people still face the same problem. So I suggest you that even after removing the battery you still find the symbol then try to restore your factory settings. If still dint find any solution then make a hard reset of the phone. I think that any one of the three methods will definitely work for you.

When I was facing the similar issue what I did was, I removed the battery and then placed the phone in to the sunlight. Making the jack to face the sunlight. If you can place it in the sunlight then you can even use the table lamp. Just place the phone under it. After sometime blow some air simply by mouth or by hair drier. This will help you to remove any dirt or moisture present in the jack of the phone. This will really help you.

If you don’t find any solution to fix your issue then try this method out. For this you will need to have a PC and the USB cable of the phone. Just connect the USB cable to the phone first and then connect the other end of the cable to the Computer. When you connect the phone to the PC you will find that the symbol will now be disappeared from the phone. After that, firstly remove the USB connection from the PC and then from the phone.