Thread: Pocket PC getting Ical for Sync with Linux.

Pocket PC getting Ical for Sync with Linux.

Now I am just moving from windows as what I am planning from some previous days and I was almost there but while shifting I am getting a weird problem that I am discussing here now, with my lots of try till now I have understood by now that it’s merely impossible to sync a pocket PC with the Linux box. And right now it not affordable for me to go for palm phone, that’s why I am searching for the thing that will help me out for my Windows based pocket PC phone and was looking for the answer, Now want some information about it and after searching many site on it, don’t able to get the proper information on it, so with my past experience about solving my issue, I consider this will be the best place from where I will get answer of my question. Hope for reply from your side. Thanks

Re: Pocket PC getting Ical for Sync with Linux.

The capability of Sync Pocket Pc (palm based ) devices with Linux has being there from the long time, as many of the user are not aware of this thing is the different issue over here, as while the popularity has been increasing of Windows based pocket PC, many tricks have been build up for syncing data from the Pocket PC, which is windows based with a computer running Linux, so for it Sync process is working out for windows based pocket pc with the Free BSD and the related to the operating system.

Even I also have the same question, when I was unable to sync my data of my pocket PC phone with the Linux box than after searching on almost all the site on the internet, I had come to know about Ical and let me tell you that its really works, and it is compatible with almost all file format and with all windows phone, as it supported my windows install pocket PC, so without hesitation give a try to this and if it’s doesn’t working for you than reply me here I will assist you with further tricks.

As by now you have come to know about Ical very well, so let me tell about the features of it as it is capable of Sync calendar and contact and almost all the think that we usually sync and my friend suggestion for using (Ical) Sync on my windows pocket PC for my issue, have prove to be effective solution for me so without doubt it will surely work for you even, hope this information will work for you and will this will also work for as it works for me.

As looking normally toward outside, I had also made the search and after searching and getting information from my friend and I had come to the point that Ical will the perfect solution what I am looking for and its work will all net product like Google, thunderbird etc but you will require Microsoft Outlook on your pocket Pc for making this all works for you, as I means that you have to use Outlook for making use of this extra application on your pocket pc, by this you will able to sync contacts, calendars, and others thing from your Pocket Pc(windows ) to Linux box.

Well I before someday while I am using my pocket pc and while Windows version was install on it, I too have the same question floating in my mind and as per my gathered information about this issue, at last I can to certain decision that I should give a try to Ical, it the format which used by people all over the world and being well acceptable also by almost all client have the compatibility for working with it, so just give a try and what are the your result after using it, just post here in this thread.

You will able to use Pocket PC windows based with the Linux computer but you have to put together a device such as Hewlett –Packard’s with the software on the Linux computer such as advancement needed for adding on the software. Even than you want to utilize a Windows based pocket pc device with the Linux box than you will have to install SynCE, which is bunch of unlock sources tools and for downloading this software you can search on the internet and you will get it anywhere and it is a freeware tool.