Thread: E7 is getting hang on use, especially when using messaging

E7 is getting hang on use, especially when using messaging

I had bought a new nokia E7 phone it keeps on hanging when I’m trying to operate it. Just to make a call I need to restart it again and again and when I try to use any chat application it got hang and which in turn get into work after getting restart. I had even updated the software but I still face the same problem. I don’t know what maybe the cause of the problem as I had not installed any third party software in it.

Re: E7 is getting hang on use, especially when using messaging

Even I’m using the same device and had got a replacement for it. my device was giving me lots of problem like whenever I got an incoming message I don’t get sign for it and there is no tone also for it even if it is in standard mood and other problem is that my device is getting hang occasionally sometime it happen like when I got a incoming call I can’t able to attend it as it got hang. I will recommend you to report a problem to customer care they will surely help you.

Try to delete everything and restore the mobile with factory setting in that all your data will be gone so be careful about it and take a back up. Then dial *#0000# just to check that you are having the latest firmware if no then update it. I guess it should be pr1.1. Hope its start working but most probably it’s fault from the factory so you may even ask for the replacement from the nokia customer care hope they will help you.

Maybe it’s due to the chat application that you’re using. Even I was having the same issue regarding the chat application and my mobile get freeze and I have only one thing left to do with it is to restart it. Is anyone having the same issue regarding this? I was having the problem with the social widget. For that I had install notifications support package of an ovi and after that my problem do not persist. If you are having the problem with the widget then you should try this as I it will definitely going to help you a lot. If you still face the problem then try to delete the registry entry hope this will help you.

Scan your external memory card for virus maybe it may cause of the problem and then format your memory card after that do the factory setting for all and it will reset your mobile and delete all the data from your mobile then check your firmware weather it have any updating if so then update it even after doing all this if you still face the similar problem then contact to the authorized service center and get the replacement as there might be the problem of board.

Just try to update the firmware and the software. The E7 works really cool. in your case it might an hardware issue maybe there is fault in RAM ,CPU, GPU but no one know what maybe the cause of the problem it’s like a computer sometime it work sometime it won’t. There might be a problem due to sim card just turnoff the mobile and remove the sim card and then try again maybe your problem get solved by this.