Thread: Misconceptions related to the Laptop

Misconceptions related to the Laptop

I was not very expert in computers. But now I can build my own desktop computer. But whenever the point comes for the testing of the system then I give that to someone else to get the best results. There are many Misconceptions related to the laptop. So I am starting this thread to request you all to post any Misconception that you know about the laptop. So that others can go through that and clear their doubt regarding this.

Re: Misconceptions related to the Laptop

There is a misconception in people that laptops are not superior for gaming at a desk. This is completely false. The technology is there that can push a laptop to do an excellent job of game with excellent graphics, excellent sound, no overheating, and a high quality screen to see everything. My friend is having the Asus G73SW and play Crysis 2 on it for hours is just excellent and still have not had a problem. At the end of the day that sticks in your backpack and takes you where to go. Try that with a desktop computer.

People think that to buy the best to future proof the laptop, but that is not possible. Technology is constantly changing and getting better. Components are becoming more, run faster, cooler and longer life than earlier generations. This also means that nothing is future proof. Some people go all out and spend 3-4k on a laptop, "future proof" with over-the-top components are actually far beyond what they need.

You may think it's bad to buy a dual core than a quad core. You have to look at this logic. What will you do with your laptop? Internet, post office, open, watching movies on DVD or Blu-Ray? Dual core is more than enough for you and a quad core is a waste of money. Heavy games with the latest and greatest games on the market? Dual core can still be good for you, just depends on whether the game is scheduled to take advantage of multicore processors.

It is a general thought that quad-core is twice as fast as a dual core on an equal footing. But this is incorrect. You will find that quality control can be 10-30% faster than a DC, but even that is subjective to what the actual program (s) you are doing. For the average user, only the increase shall be recorded. This also leads to one more question: how fast do you actually require your laptop to be? There comes a situation where the human eye or brain cannot notice any difference in system performance, either the CPU or GPU.

I say all this to illustrate that it is not necessary to spend a ton of money on something that will not benefit you. Buy a laptop based on your current and two years on the road to get another laptop if you need an update at that time. $ 1,000 now and another $ 1,000 two years from now is better than a $ 3,000 every day of the week. There is a difference between want and need.