Thread: Linux audio configuration on MSI GX720

Linux audio configuration on MSI GX720

Hi, I own a MSI GX720 in which I have installed Ubuntu 10.4 operating system which runs very good, but for audio, I have to configure some setting for the audio but still I am not getting the audio. I am not getting what is the exact problem actually, because when I was running the windows 7, I was not having any glitch, but in the Ubuntu I am having problem, I have the same drivers as I have installed in the windows 7, or shall I made any mistake in configuration? can anyone suggest me the proper alsa property setting so I can use the whole functionality.

Re: Linux audio configuration on MSI GX720

As the extent to I know alsa is not utilize any longer in support for Pulse. Is your alsa recognizing your audio card? But apparently I got these done thus I would say In a shell type these commands as mentioned.

cd /usr/src
    mkdir alsa
    cd alsa
    cp /downloads/alsa-* .

now unzip the alsa driver package and the util package, and then move all the module files to the kernel by specifying these command

modprobe snd-gina20;modprobe snd-pcm-oss;modprobe
    snd-mixer-oss;modprobe snd-seq-oss

now reboot the machine, I hope this would work.

See it seems that you have made changes in the settings, thus it is very difficult to draw your problem thus I would say you should reinstall the alsa, and remember one thing, “alsa-utils stop” doesn’t stop ALSA; it just store up the obtainable mixer state for overloaded cards. There is no actual equal, initscript-wise, of unloading the driver modules, thus you may need to delete those drivers, so while deleting also, make sure that you have deleted all the registry files also.

I have seen people on the internet who had same problem as yours and this is because of the audio drivers, I would say the people who uses snd_hda_intel driver can have the problems, so I would say if you have the same driver than you’ll not able to use those properties to get more functionality, rather I would say should try to download the drivers which is compatible with the operating system, in fact I would say you should uninstall the one that you have and let the windows search for the drivers and then install that.

If the audio driver that you have is not compatible with the alsa you can use the oss also for that, or I think it seems you have some problem in the alsa only, because as far as I know there should be any problem regarding the ubuntu and the alsa, but you can upgrade to their updated version, and then see whether the problem occurs or not. If you want to know about the compatibility you can try it on the internet and then download it.