Thread: Need help: My MSI GX630X goes in sleep mode on 64bit OS.

Need help: My MSI GX630X goes in sleep mode on 64bit OS.

I have my GX630X Czech version of this with Windows 7 64 bits. The sleep mode makes some kind of computer to last dream, which probably awake but the screen stays black and only a hard reset helps. Any news on this? The year or so old topic that said we have to stay prior to some drivers is released. Sadly, I could not even find precisely what causes this problem, so I do not know what drivers to get. MSI has announced some official blabber about this? To my knowledge, the latest drivers from nVidia do not help in any way. I hope someone can tell me exactly what to do. And no, I will switch to Windows 7 32 bits. I would love a real solution, not just a temporary solution.

Re: Need help: My MSI GX630X goes in sleep mode on 64bit OS.

MSI GX630 laptop is an old design. MSI is just suited with Windows Vista having 32 bit in this model. We can’t sustain all earlier models to support Windows 7, so we focus on the new models first. Perhaps in hope we can support older models, but these times are not the priority. If you buy a laptop without an operating system, make sure you are well informed about what operating system supports it. I do not know if someone has been misinformed about the GX630. For example, your brother new GX633 (MS-1652) is Win7 support (32 and 64 bits).

Windows 7 64-bit is still under testing for MSI, but we made good progress to date. If you want to see support MSI notebooks, select "Micro-Star International Co. Ltd." the company pulls down menu. When Windows 7 was launched on October 22, MSI have clear vision that supports 32-bit laptop Win7 and / or 64 bits. Hope this will help you make the right decision. I hope this information has helped you.

I was capable to fix my sleep troubles. As the majority of you'll, I have a GX630 with the usual 4 gigs of RAM, Windows 7 x64 on it. When I get to sleep, the computer will not boot all the way back up; I get a black screen and blinking in the light of my sporadic disk activity. However, yesterday I was able to fix it first, download the new nForce 15.49 drivers nForce nvidia.com. I used to download nForce 730i / GeForce 9300 / 9400. I was looking at inf., and mcp78 is covered with this version and all versions of the ForceWare mcp77 and 78 are grouped so that I used. So far no problems.
    Then update the bios, is available in the MSI Global site. I mean the last update, which fixes a modem hang up issue in sleep mode. Now install the new nforce drivers. It should be quite simple, as long as they agree to run as administrator. I hope this help.

I think that getting a CD with drivers for Windows Vista x64 is not the lack of information, across a label that says Windows Vista on your notebook the strength to support Windows Vista (which is 64 or 32 bits) and in my opinion. In addition, MSI has its drivers page long, only took place, apparently when the complaints started. MSI priority to solve this problem should be going up rather than go down or remain as it is now. I do not the specifications of the drivers that come in the short term, but I still like them to have some time.

Hey buddy I don’t have much idea about this but as I asked my friend about this problem, he replied me that it might be the problem of graphic drivers also many times the sound drivers may be the cause. This is due to poor installation of drivers or sometimes poor drivers. So I would suggest you to try installing the drivers again and if the problem persists than try downloading the drivers from official site. I hope this help you.