Thread: MSI gx660r recovery environment is not normal

MSI gx660r recovery environment is not normal

I have recently purchased the laptop and I am having the problem regarding it. I have just purchased it 3 days back. I have noticed that it has the slow start up and I was not happy with this. I tried many thing but could not make it faster. So I have decided that I will go for recovery but when I started it I ended with the error message displayed. It said that the recovery environment was not normal! What shall I do now.

re: MSI gx660r recovery environment is not normal

First of all congrats for your new laptop. I am from the technical background and I get may such cases each and every day . I would advice you to not to do research and development things on your new stuff because it may prove you costlier even more. So as your laptop is the new one so it must be having the warranty and other things so you should take advantage of the customer service rather then taking any risks by your own.

As you are having the new laptop would not be having the whole lot of data available in to it. So Why do you wish for recovery? You might make use of an OS CD and perform a spotless installation making use of the key in your notebook, or you can also go to the MSI with your problem they will get it done for you free of cost as you have just purchased it before some days. If you perform a new install, you can find the drivers easily on to the internet for it.

Hoping you are not following the right procedure here are the correct instructions that you can follow. Run the normal recovery each occasion you do application set up.
    To perform the normal recovery:
    • Have a look that all the environment handles are closed.
    • Please make sure that the recovery is only the single-threaded.
    • You should only supply the DB_RECOVER flag when the environment is opened

Re: MSI gx660r recovery environment is not normal

I am not sure about the solution I am giving will work for you. But I think that BIOS is terribly in your case. So why don’t you try upgrading the BIOS. Also see to it that your each and every component of your system is all right and not out of order. And if all the things are proper then you should go for the fresh installation rather than going for recovery and as you wish. Best of luck for whatever you do.

Re: MSI gx660r recovery environment is not normal

I would like to thank all of you who gave support to me and tried to help me to solve the problem of mine. But I have handed over my system to the customer service department and told them to solve it. I realized that I have paid for it and why should I take the pain to solve the doubt and that to on the third day from when i have purchased it. So I will be getting it back by tomorrow night and it will be delivered to my place. Thanks to all once again.