Thread: Is it possible to install facebook from PC to blackberry phone

Is it possible to install facebook from PC to blackberry phone

Well I am using the BlackBerry 8900 Smartphone. My facebook and MySpace apps which I was using on my phone have been lost. Thus now I am not able to restore it again. So my query is can I download them to my computer and then move it to my Smartphone. I have some issues with my phone because it is not spotting any wifi connections. Thus it is not achievable for me to download them using my mobile. So do help me in this case.

Re: Is it possible to install facebook from PC to blackberry phone

The primary thing that I want to be familiar with here is that the application which you are demanding to install on the phone is the official one. I am doubting here that you might be downloading it from unauthorized site and if it is not then you will certainly face a few errors similar to installation failure or application not compatible etc. so get rid of this issue I want you to download the application from the official site and then install the similar on your phone. Thus it won’t be necessary to try installing from computer to your phone.

Well, you will not be able to use those applications without an internet connection on your phone, so if you cannot get a data connection for installation then possibly the above solution won’t work. I'm not sure what the point would be but regardless, Facebook there is no version for desktop installation. Well you can have that by receiving proper internet service on your phone and then using the BlackBerry Browser you could get what you want.

See I have heard about this that it is possible to download the application on your computer. You can just try out that by going to its official site. In your case you want facebook and MySpace application so just check there page and get the same on your computer and after this transfer it to your phone. It would be better if you this from your phone. So get an appropriate internet connection thus because of that you can get it directly through your phone.

I have heard that blackberry mobile operating system supports variety of application formats. If the application that you are downloading is in alx format then possibly you will be able to get into your phone by downloading it from your computer. So just look on the extension of that application. Also note that there are some application again with .alx format which is not allowed to get downloaded from computer. So with this case you won’t be able to get it on your phone.

First of all you should try to do the basic thing. I mean just restart your phone and then turn it on again. This would help your phone to achieve all the fresh settings. It would also help to receive the wifi connection again as after turning on the phone, it configures all the settings again and updates itself. Or else reset your phone to get the factory settings of your device which came the first time you used your phone.

So I finally found the solution for this. in order to download the application you need to configure the TCP settings on your computer. This would help your computer to gain the internet settings. I guess this would have already done in your case, but just for confirmation I told you. Then you should go to blackberry App world and locate the app you want and get the same downloaded on your computer and after it transfer it to the phone and automatically it would run on your phone and able to use it.