Thread: How to turn off wireless synchronization in BlackBerry Torch 9800?

How to turn off wireless synchronization in BlackBerry Torch 9800?

The title says it all. I am sure that you all have read the title properly. Well I am not able to address book/calendar with bb desktop software, every time I do that my software is asking me to turn off the wireless synchronization first, I have different steps and methods that were given in different forums to turn off the wireless synchronization but none of them have helped me at all. I am sure you all are experts in this field and will help me get out of the problem, so please do reply on the problem that I have posted here. I am waiting for the solutions from you all.

Re: How to turn off wireless synchronization in BlackBerry Torch 9800?

The solution is very much simple for you. see what you have to do is
    1) In the menu key go to the options and from there click a calendar or contact list.
    2) Now you will get to see the Wireless Synchronization field change it to no and then uncheck the Wireless Synchronization check box.
    3) Next and the final step is to save the changes, so for that go to the meny and then save the changes that you have made and that will do the trick for you.
    Do it and let me know if the problem is solved.

Thanks a lot for the solution but let me tell you that it is not the ideal solution for me. so nothing much helped me here. I did try the same solutions earlier as well but that was of no use for me, so if you have any idea of the other solutions for me then pleas do let me know about it. I am waiting for the solutions from you all, so please do honestly reply in it I am waiting for the help from your side, c’mon guys I am waiting for the help from your side.

Ok if that does not help ok then let me ask you something what’s the reason that you are thinking of turning off the wireless sync? If you are trying to load contacts and calendar entries then it be done via PC i.e with the help of the desktop manager or the outlook program. Even email programs like gmail will also be a good help for you during the syncing purpose, so do look out for the same and answer out the queries that I have asked out here. Be quick!

Yes sure let me tell you that I work via BIS. Well I need to synchronize all the contacts as well as the mails and many of my personal stuffs through outlook but whenever I am trying to do that then I am not able to do that. I get an error that your wireless sync is on and hence I am not able to sync anything, so that’s what I am asking here? Can you all please suggest me what can be the problem here, since I need to sync them because without them I need to have a detailed search on everything?

There can be a possibility that you might be using the gmail for the syncing purpose. See if the error is saying that you are wireless sync is on then I am sure that you must have kept the wireless sync as the gmail and hence that’s why it is giving you such kind of problem, so hope you have understood what I am trying to say here, so that’s what the suggestion is from my side, do work on it and let me know if that was helpful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fox28 View Post
    The solution is very much simple for you. see what you have to do is
    1) In the menu key go to the options and from there click a calendar or contact list.
    2) Now you will get to see the Wireless Synchronization field change it to no and then uncheck the Wireless Synchronization check box.
    3) Next and the final step is to save the changes, so for that go to the meny and then save the changes that you have made and that will do the trick for you.
    Do it and let me know if the problem is solved.
    Dear friend:
    On Blackberry Torch 9800 software version if you press menu symbol and press obtions you obtain:
    Launch by Typing (with two options only)
    Universal Search and
    Application Shortcuts Then
    Change Wallpaper and Reset Wallpaper options
    then
    Downloads Folder with the options Home, Media, Instant Messaging, Aplications and Games...
    Then finally Reset to Default Settings......
    There is no Calendar nor Contact list?????????
    Now if yo go to the Options Icon (wrench), then the opions are
    Sounds and Ring, Networks and Connections, Display, Typing and Imput, Device, Call Management,Security, Accessibility, Third Party App.???
    Where is the Calendar or Contact list Option ?????????
    Please go on step by step detail on how to get to the option to the Wireless Synchronization field
    Thank you