Thread: Invalid ID or password in yahoo messenger in Blackberry 9800

Invalid ID or password in yahoo messenger in Blackberry 9800

I have BlackBerry Torch 9800 mobile and I am very happy with all the features of this mobile and I normally use to chat with my friends from my mobile. For chatting I use to do login in Facebook, Gmail and yahoo. I am not facing any issue with Facebook and Gmail login in my mobile but when I try to login from yahoo at that time it is showing me that my ID and password is wrong and because of that I am not able to login in my yahoo messenger. Please tell what I should do to fix this issue.

re: Invalid ID or password in yahoo messenger in Blackberry 9800

Make sure that the user ID and password which you are trying to login in your account is correct. You have to also make sure that you are not inserting your ID in capital letters. You should also check that you can login from your laptop or computer in yahoo messenger with the same ID and password. If you are able to login from same user ID and password from your laptop then there is something wrong with your yahoo messenger in blackberry Torch 9800 mobile.

If you are facing the same problem again and again after trying to put the correct id and password then you should try to solve the problem by resetting the user ID and password. First open the yahoo account from your laptop and after that change the user ID and password and after that sign out from there. Now open the yahoo messenger from your blackberry and after that put that newly created ID in and password in ID and password box and then check whether same problem is coming or not.

Try to solve this problem by removing the yahoo messenger from your mobile and after that installing the yahoo messenger again in your mobile. If you want to remove the yahoo messenger from your mobile then you can do that by doing following steps. First go to the application management in your blackberry Torch 9800 mobile and after that remove the yahoo messenger from there and after that restart the mobile and you have to also delete the IM service book from your mobile.

As you have said in your post that I should try to fix the problem by resetting the ID and password and I have tried that solution to solve this problem but it didn’t make any difference for me and after that I have also tried removed the yahoo messenger and after restarting the device when I tried to delete the IM service book at that time not able to find it in my mobile. Please tell me how to delete IM service book from my mobile?

You can delete the IM service book by doing following steps. First you have to go the advance system setting and after that go in to the service book and then you have to look for the yahoo IM service book. You will find that at the end of each service book name there is BBIM is written. Now select the yahoo and delete it also. Now after doing that you have to reinstall the yahoo from App world again, after that you will not find any difficulty.

Re: Invalid ID or password in yahoo messenger in Blackberry 9800

After trying so many solution I have was still facing the same problem and after that I have deleted yahoo messenger and IM service book also by following your given steps in above posts and after that I have installed yahoo messenger again I my blackberry and then when I have tried to log in the messenger at that time I didn’t get any problem. Now all the things going well. Thank you so much for all the help and information. I appreciate your help.