Thread: avi files are not able to play on Iomega

avi files are not able to play on Iomega

Hey guys, I am having Iomega Screenplay HD 1TB Multimedia drive. I have converted all my movies DVD’s using ImTool ultimate DVD Ripper 5 with somehow I got success. When I am trying to play large movies file, I am not able to play it, but I am able to play smaller episode files. I got all files running on the PC. There is no chance of damage as all DVD’s are new, I have tried converting them converting into Xvid / Divx / avi. I have analyzed with MediaInfo and seem that most of the ones will not play are avi files. How do I make them play?

Re: avi files are not able to play on Iomega

I am also facing the same issue that many of you guys are facing. I am able to play the movies which are ripped DVD’s, but you will not be able to play a movie which is of more than 4GB. So if you want to store more than of them on the 1TB then I don’t think so that it is possible. So I thought of compressing the movie down to the 700MB, and I saw that it was of great quality. But still I am not able to play it on the Iomega but I am able to play it on the laptop.

You can use the AVI ReComp software, that will be used to clear out the AVI out of GMC, so that you make a video clips for your DVD players. AVI’s supported by the AVI ReComp are the audio must be of wav, dts, mp3, ogg and ac3. The most compatible media formats for Iomega Screenplay are AC3, MP3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2(AVI/VOB), H.264, JPEG, Divx and MPEG-4(AVI/XVID) and the audio format for mp3 must be of 128 Kbps.

It seems that you need to encode your media files, as the Iomega Screenplay media player are supposed to use the software provided by the third party. This seems that it is not available with the Screenplay device. You need to buy the software from the outside retailer. By using the 3rd party software you will be able to encode the video files that will be played on your Iomega.

Iomega has this most common issue. It is known that Iomega can play only some avi files and not all. The better way is to convert the avi files using the avi converter software. You can download the free avi converter software from the internet. After downloading make the files reconvert into some other format or in the same format. When Iomega find that format playable then, convert all the files in the similar formats that you are not able to play.