Thread: LG Roaming is active even when I shut that off

LG Roaming is active even when I shut that off

I just brought LG ally and I live in banglore but now I came across UK. Can anyone help me quitting data roaming? When I got setting-> wireless and networks-->when I remove check from data roaming. When I do this it continues to be on roaming mode. I have worldwide plan and UK plan. My cousin and I already got $200 worth of data roaming charges. Had to call my service provider and have to explain him current Scenario. They have to credit my charges and also they have to quit my data roaming from backend of their network. But I didn’t have any message saying data roaming is disabled.

re: LG Roaming is active even when I shut that off

I have similar problem with my LG ally phone when I was in Japan. It was not shutting its roaming service. I tried doing this manually by going in to network setting and unchecking the roaming network.But this doesn’t help me.i was not able to find the exact problem causing that issue. Unfortunately I was having another spare phone with me. Finally I put my simcard in that phone and it started working.

Hello dude I was also facing the similar difficulty with my LG cellphones I researched on this issue on internet and found out that lot of people facing similar problem with LG Ally cellphones. I think issue is with data roaming in LG Ally .my friends and me are LG lover but unfortunately if we don’t find anything related to this issue we don’t have any alternative left to change the cellphone.i was using LG cellphone from last two years.

I’m using LG Ally from last three years. I was also facing similar difficulties. Whenever I travelled across the country and when I want to quit data roaming it was not happening and it was getting rejected. Try calling service provider and try telling explaining your exact problem that you’re not able to unselect data roaming in your network setting. Service provider will help you to solve this problem. My problem was solved.

I brought LG ally two month ago and I was having same problem with my cellphone .I was not able to unselect data roaming on my phone when I contacted service provide they said they have shut data roaming from there end .but still my phone on roaming. When I found out that my phone was running android 2.1 and there was some problem with this version .my friend advice me to upgrade it to version 2.2. When I upgraded it started working and I was able to shut my data roaming network. Finally I found out the solution.