Thread: Disable auto-brightness setting in Chromebook

Disable auto-brightness setting in Chromebook

The Google Chromebook appears to have an auto-brightness configuration which is method excessively responsive/hasty. Is there whichever method to control/disable this? While typing with the Chromebook on top of my lap, and just the minor activities of the laptop active a slight bit from my typing during it is causing it to trial somewhat dissimilar levels of room intensity through the display bounding upward and downward within its brightness altitude. It is actually frustrating. I can't come across whichever settings wherever having whatever thing to carry out with this. Please help me.

Re: Disable auto-brightness setting in Chromebook

First of all I need to tell that there surely could be option to disable or turn off the Auto-brightness settings in Google Chromebook. Not only in this but most of the systems, whether it could be a laptop, notebook or notebook there is option to disable the auto adjustment settings whenever you required but for that you need to look all over your system setting by yourself. While there are a lot of dissimilar screens and methods of changing, except on top of mine there is three buttons and by the use of them you can disable and as well alter screen brightness, contrast, and further.

Yes there is always a way to change or turn off the Auto-brightness setting in Chromebook or your CR-48 laptop. But so far, as per my knowledge concern the only possible way to make it is by the help of Dev mode. If your are within Dev mode then you need to type “sudo su” inside the shell and then “initctl stop powerd” . This is barely temporary assist and should be made each time you reboot the Chromebook. You too can't modify the brightness settings

I am also facing the similar problem like you and I have found only one way to resolve this issue. I am not certain if others have finished this work, except what i carry out is cover up the light sensor (intended for the Cr-48's it is near to the webcam), rotate brightness up the entire way, afterward expose the sensor, allow it auto adjust, and afterward situate the brightness toward how i wish for it (frequently all the approach positive while at home). This tends to work concerning 90% of the moment for me, in any case until I re-boot.

I believe 2 things require happening to build this modification successful. In favor of those that similar to it the sensor must cycle by the side of a slower rate. This would permit in favor of shadows of people stirring otherwise walking past to not cause the display to alter brightness. The next thing that must come about is to provide everybody the choice to purely turn it off if they don't be fond of it. Until the preference to disable is added I will carry on to make use of my post-it note above the light sensor like an "off" switch.

The screen or light sensor itself has a characteristically extensive funnel, except the artificial of the display stiff has merely a thin opening drilled, and it is a bit distant from t sensor itself. The consequence is a comparatively thin light funnel. Since for software modifications, it appears sensible to trial through adding a little setback to the backlight response to ambient light adjustments. The Sensor is really making some Sense by being extremely Sensitive here.