Thread: driver is not working - LG Optimus M

driver is not working - LG Optimus M

I am using LG Optimus M mobile and I like this mobile very much. I normally use to transfer my files from mobile to laptop and laptop to mobile ad I didn’t face any problem with that. But before some date I have update my laptop from windows vista to windows 7 and now whenever i try to connect the my mobile with my laptop after installing the driver at that time my laptop is not recognizing the mobile phone. Please help me to fix this.

Re: driver is not working - LG Optimus M

If your phone is not recognized with the laptop then first check that whether your mobile is charging or not and you have to also check that whether you can see the USB icon on your mobile screen or not. If you can see the USB icon and your mobile is showing you the charging indication then it means your device is recognized with the phone. First try check this and if you are not getting the USB icon then I think there might be something with your mobile phone.

I think you have to first check that whether you have selected mass storage mode or not? Of you have not selected the mass storage mode then your laptop will detect the mobile but you will not able to transfer file between your laptop and mobile, if you want to switch your mobile phone then you can do that by going in to the setting and selecting the mass storage mode In your mobile phone. Now after doing that remove the data cable and then inserts it again. I think after doing that you will be able to solve the problem.

There is one more trick I can suggest you to fix this problem. First you have to unplug the device from your laptop and after that uninstalled the drivers which you have installed in your laptop and after that restart the laptop. now connect the mobile again with your laptop and after that you will get message on system tray icon saying that found new hardware or installing the new device and after that if system will ask you for driver installation file then I think you select the your driver installation file by going to the folder where you have saved that and after that it will install the driver successfully. After that try to connect the mobile and I think your problem will get solved.

As far as I know you have to first check that whether your USB data cable is working perfectly or not. if you are not sure about that then you have to try to connect the mobile with other data cable and after that check whether your laptop is recognizing the mobile or not? if you still get the same problem then I think you have to try to connect the mobile from different USB port. You can also try to solve this problem by updating the USB driver in your laptop.

As you have said in your post about checking the USB data cable and after that I have tried to connect the device by using the different USB data cable and at that time all the things worked perfectly. After that I have bought the new USB data cable and now I am able to connect my mobile with my system. Your given trick really helped me to fix this problem. Thank you so much for all the support and solution which you have provided.