Thread: Lenovo G560 AHCI/IDE doesn’t work

Lenovo G560 AHCI/IDE doesn’t work

Hi, I have a new Lenovo G560 laptop without any operating system, and thus it is obvious we have to install it in order to start the machine, but while I was installing windows XP, I have made some settings in the BIOS, I have configure some setting, in the SATA model selection was AHCI, and when I change it to IDE it wasn’t work. I would say it is been blocked. Don’t know what happened, can anyone help me?

Re: Lenovo G560 AHCI/IDE doesn’t work

Hey I want to ask you some question, as whatever you have doesn’t seems alright, in fact I am not getting what is your actual problem, does your keyboard stuck or the windows that appear that hangs in between. Is it prompting for any password, see if suppose your keyboard gets stuck in between I would suggest you that you should try to re-attach it to the CPU, as sometimes it happens that didn’t get detected.

As you have mentioned that the screen gets stuck in between while you configure the BIOS, I would say, I think you BIOS is not working properly, I mean to say it is been corrupted. Thus before installing the windows you should install the BIOS first. And make sure that whatever the new BIOS that you are going to download or install, is compatible with your machine. otherwise it will again make such a problems.

Yeah that right I have the same opinion as the above user, you might have the wrong setup for your laptop. Thus you should first download that and them try to install the windows. And I would like to recommend you that you should download this setup from the Lenovo’s official website, because as you visit that website, you can browse your laptop model and then easily get the appropriate setup, and mainly won’t have to worry about.

It might be possible that your hard disk is not attach perfectly with you motherboard. I would say first of all make sure that you have the hard disk attach perfectly. And then try the same, but if suppose you still stuck, then surely it would be because of the BIOS only. As the above user mentioned you should download the appropriate BIOS for the your laptop.

Thanks guys for the kind attention, I would say the whole screen gets stuck and I doesn’t even move between those two option that I have mentioned. And is it necessary to change those option, or it is optional? Because I haven’t try without configuring that, shall I try that way also, or just update the BIOS that I have. In fact I am wondering that for the first time I am doing this, and no other windows I have installed but still I am having such problem.

I would say, the BIOS update is best option, but before that I would say you should try to make all the settings to their default, and after that save that setting and also attempt to eliminate the battery & unplug the ac power, push power button for 20 - 30 seconds, and then put back the battery and make sure if issue persist. I am not sure about this, but you can try for at least once, after that you have other option too.