Thread: How to set up iPhone with iMac Wi-Fi

How to set up iPhone with iMac Wi-Fi

How can I link my iPhone with my iMac Intel core Duo Wi-Fi (via Airport?)So that I can get faster internet speed at home .one of my friend tried to explain me how to do this, but when I tried to setup Wi-Fi at home, I just got lost and couldn’t get it to work. I need step-by-step solution to do this .I am too new to Mac and can’t understand the function of the various settings on Airport and my iPhone 3G, so that I can do this on my own. I struggle whole day with this, the function of the various settings on Airport and my iPhone 3G, so that I can do this on my own. What I was capable to discover didn't seem to give me sufficient information to set up the whole thing. Possibly what I was trying to do wasn't even possible using only the iMac. Whoever solve this issue, my thanks to you in advance!

Re: How to set up iPhone with iMac Wi-Fi

You first need to turn on Internet Sharing and share your Ethernet connection (wired) through Airport (wireless).
    step1:- On your iMac go to Open System Preferences and after that click on Sharing. After that Select “Internet Sharing” under the service listing and then provide a computer name. Under that Choose a Network, the name of your wireless network be supposed to come into view, now click the blue arrow icon on the far right of the name of your wireless network, and enter the WEP (pre shared key) password you entered on your iMac. Once it is done your iPhone will be connected wirelessly with iMac Intel core Duo Wi-Fi. Now, Under the computers using: section, tick the “Airport” box and then Click on “Airport Options” to recognize your recently created network Enter a name (within this instance we will utilize NDS) and Leave “Channel” resting on Automatic and enter security details as you perceive (Tick “Enable Encryption”, enter a 10 digit password, use 40 bit encryption) and then Click on OK. Now click “On” checkbox next to the Internet Sharing Service and you may get two things to be done.1st If your Airport is off it will tell you to turn on.2nd It will give you the message “Are you confident you would like to turn on Internet Sharing”. Select yes for both. Now you’re about to done with it the Mac is configured to act as a Wireless AP we need to configure the DS to connect to it as most computers can access your Mac as an Access Point and share its Internet but the DS doesn’t handle the DHCP server. So we have to do it manually.
    Once your done now follow the
    step2: 1st on your iPhone the go to Settings select Wi-Fi and then Turn on Wi-Fi

Thanks for receiving "Internet Sharing" thing done!!! That is working OK, and my iPhone 'sees' my computer at the moment, however Safari doesn't dislodge at what time I try to go to a web page however I think your answer is most excellent among thousand. Thanks once again for explaining the things step-by-step.now I’m able to use the Wi-Fi in each corner of my house. Can u please help me by getting the safari work properly? You are really helpful to me.

Even I was facing the same problem but now its working and now I can connect my iPhone with iMac Intel core Duo Wi-Fi. This was great help. Woops. Maybe not. It looks like I have wifi and then BOOM it switches to 3G to get anywhere. It’s really amazing, and now I feel that it’s really worth to spend so much in iPhone and mac thank u so much my brother really pissed me off due to this problem by telling u had just waste the money in buying those gadgets .your solution is the best.

I’m really thanking full to you for your guide. I’m trying to add a Lynksys router and then again removing it Fed my whole home Wi-Fi. Everything is fine but wanted to take advantage of my TVs very limited internet capable stuff, only to find them to be bad and now Wi-Fi is useless with my iMac. Anytime I turn my imac off/on I have issues for SICKENING!! And am constantly ripping off my neighbor's. I will be very much thank full to you if guide me.