Thread: Pack the Xbox 360 kinect into its box

Pack the Xbox 360 kinect into its box

It looks like a funny question except I'm annoying to pack my kinect to its box to get to different place. I've read in the instruction booklet that you must NOT shift the kinect up before down since that can harm the motor except the trouble is, while I attempt to pack it into the small package and put the kinect into the black foam following wrapping the cable inside a cable knot, while I place it down, the kinect cable begins to oppose alongside the cardboard so afterward the component with the motor within is beneath strain and essentially, is approaching the motor up. I think that it might damage if I travel long distance. I am really worried about it.

Re: Pack the Xbox 360 kinect into its box

As far as I know that you don’t need to worry about this incident regarding the Kinect cable. The cable is capable to get any kind of stain and stress while inside the pack or box. If you are really worried about this thing then you can make use of any smooth things like cloth and something similar like cotton to wrap all over the cable or the cable knot to protect it from the strain. Not only the cable, you can also cover the entire kinect device with any protection material while travelling for long distance.

If you have the original box which came along with the kinect then you can pack that device easily inside it without much effort or without using any external things to protect it. This box is completely safe and easy to carry. That packup is designed with the intention to protect the kinect from outside accidents. I know that the kinect is very sensitive device. The components inside it also very sensitive and could damage to small strain or stress. So it would be better if you use the right box to pack this thing.

I have seen the Kinect box which came along with it when you first buy. It is not well built and highly protected in case if you want to move your kinect controller to a different place or area it doesn’t have much protection support inside it. So it would be helpful if you use different box something like suitecase or carryback in order to get it along with you. My best option is suitecase because it is highly protected and the device will not move anywhere if you place inside it properly.

I don’t think that the Kinect will harm with slight movements or shift. Furthermore there is no way that cable can damage inside the cover if it is brushing the cardboard. However if you really want to get rid of the card board the best idea is use the thermocol to protect the device. It is the best thing to use in order to protect any kind of sensitive device within the box or inside any package.

I didn’t plan to carry my kinect to anywhere. If I really want to carry my Kinect to anyplace then I will use briefcase only rather than the cardboard box. The cardboard box is not good for taking the device to long distance. To carry it while travelling the briefcase is the best thing to do. Within briefcase you can place that thermal foam as you want and then place the kinect properly. If the kinect is moving inside then you can fill that gap with some paper pieces so that it can sit tightly.

The kinect is a very popular device for Xbox 360. It is not actually a device but it is a 3D motion controller. Anybody will eager to get this controller because it provides a virtual gaming experience and also much fun for home entertainment. If you want to carry thins thing to anywhere then it is highly recommended you to use the original packup box that came along with it. Furthermore do not forget to cover it with thermal foam. It is really a good protector for such kind of device. Also, pack the whole cable with a tape or something so that it will not get damaged by touching the cardboard.