Thread: How to set Kinect sensor for Xbox 360 console

How to set Kinect sensor for Xbox 360 console

I am playing games on Xbox 360 console and it is much better than other gaming consoles. I really enjoy playing games on it, but as Microsoft released Kinect so I am planning to have the same so that I can enjoy motion sensing gaming. So when I purchase the same so I need to know more information in setting the Kinect sensor for my Xbox 360 console. Hope I get a proper guide regarding this which would help me to be familiar with Kinect.

Re: How to set Kinect sensor for Xbox 360 console

Microsoft released a best motion sensing hardware called Kinect sensor. It detects our body motion and we could play games by moving body gestures. You can buy a Kinect for your Xbox 360 console; it works with the new Xbox 360 Slim console as well as with all the older consoles. Kinect comes with all the needed cables which are required to connect to Xbox. So first of all just go through the entire manual and check out which cable is necessary for its purpose.

When you plan to have Kinect then the first thing to know is that you require enough space in order to setup your Kinect properly. Also Kinect needs to be placed around 2 to 6 feet above from the floor. The Kinect must be placed above your television and also check that it is almost 2 to 6 feet above your floor. I also have the Kinect and I configured it as 5 and half feet above the surface and this setup is best that I have observed so you also can try this setup.

The main thing you should keep in mind that your Kinect should be placed away from the direct sunlight. If you do this then it affects the Kinect and probably will reduce the life of your sensor. In order to avoid interference just keep the sound system bit away from Kinect. While playing games make sure that the room has proper lightning. If the room doesn’t have needed lights that Kinect requires then it would not be able to recognize the motions properly and thus you might get dissatisfy regarding this.

Once you setup Kinect as mentioned above, then Kinect would work properly. So this time if your Kinect doesn’t detect motions properly then you need to tilt the sensor, so that it would recognize it now. But don’t touch the sensor and tilt it unless needed as it may affect it and would not detect the body motions properly. So have a Kinect for your Xbox 360 console and enjoy the motion gaming experience because I just love playing games using it and same would be with you.

Yes the main thing is that you should not tilt the sensor, as doing this may break the sensor and your Kinect would stop functioning as it is the core part of Kinect. if you move the Kinect from one place to other then it is recommended that you always perform the calibration settings, as this helps Kinect to detect and sense the new location so that it automatically place the sensor and detect the body movements in order to provide motion gaming.