Thread: How to reload the saved music from iPod to new computer

How to reload the saved music from iPod to new computer

I was enjoying listening to songs from my iPod and I always synchronize new songs from my computer to my iPod. Because of some hardware problem on my computer, my hard drive was crashed. Although there was not important data on it but there were lots of songs in but no such issues as these songs are there on my iPod. Now I got new computer and I want to reload all these songs from iPod to this computer. So how is it possible so that I could do the same?

Re: How to reload the saved music from iPod to new computer

You can get all your songs from iPod to your new computer. For that you need to follow certain steps. First of all you need to connect your iPod to your new computer. As you connect the iPod the automatic synchronization would start so you need to stop that by pressing shift key as well as control key from your keyboard at the time when you connect this device. And then open iTunes, again by pressing these keys and then your iPod would be listed under iTunes devices.

When the iPod is connected to the computer then you need to create a new library of this device and then you need to end iTunes program. Then select show hidden files on your computer and thus after this you will be able to find the song folder on your iPod, this is what you need. So just take a copy of this folder into your hard drive. You can even select single files that you need by navigating through music folder inside iPod drive.

One thing you will note that when you are having any songs on your iPod then these files are having different names. So you would be amazed why this different named file is. But this all process is done by iTunes, so you can get back those names once you have import these songs to media player or iTunes library you would see these names. Or just select tiles view in explorer and possibly you would be able to rename those files or have certain file names

You can do so by connecting your music iPod to computer and then you need to select your iPod device in iTunes. Here you need to select manually configuration for your iPod and also untick the option to open iTunes whenever any device is connected. After this close iTunes software and you have to set iPod for computer transfer and you will have all the playlist, library. So just select whatever you need to copy to your new hard drive and then select copy now option and the transfer event would start .

You can do so by connecting your music iPod to computer and then you need to select your iPod device in iTunes. Here you need to select manually configuration for your iPod and also untick the option to open iTunes whenever any device is connected. After this close iTunes software and you have to set iPod for computer transfer and you will have all the playlist, library. So just select whatever you need to copy to your new hard drive and then select copy now option and the transfer event would start .