Thread: Unable to load sound application on Nintendo 3DS

Unable to load sound application on Nintendo 3DS

I have started using my Nintendo 3DS recently and played music through my sdhc card which was there in my DSi. I found that I was able to play all the music but little bit slower than my DSi. Recently I was listing to my classical music, so I decided to split my classical library into 3 folders and keep it on my card. In my old DSi I was able to play all the music folder. But I am not able to play all my music files in my new 3DS. I got stucked on “Checking SD card”. I also tried to open my other classical folders, but I got the same results. I am using the same SD card on both the 3DS and DSi. Can anyone help me to figure out this issue?

Re: Unable to load sound application on Nintendo 3DS

Firstly make sure that all your music files are compatible with your 3DS. The files that are compatible are: AAC files with the extensions of .m4a, .mp4, and .3gp or it can be MP3 files with the extension .mp3. and must be of 16Kbps – 320Kbps of bit rate. And to inform you that Nintendo will not be able to play music files that are copy-protected.

You just try to insert you SD into the SD card slot correctly. Also make sure that your SD card is not locked. If it is unlocked then open the lock first and then insert it into the slot. Always insert the card in right direction and you cannot have more than 3000 music files on your SD card, and also file folders must not be more than 1000. Try to make a folder in your SD card not on any other folders.

Yes I have checked for Protective lock present on side of my card and it is not locked, I confirmed it as I took some pictures from my camera and then inserted in it and also tried inserting the card correctly but still facing the same problem. I even tried to make a folder named “my music” in my root of SD but it was also failed, also my music files are not copy-protected. The only way left is to try changing the format to .mp3 or .m4a.