Thread: Spring Update causes Xbox 360 Elite Disk Drive Overheating

Spring Update causes Xbox 360 Elite Disk Drive Overheating

Hello friend, before two days, I have done the spring update task on this Xbox 360 Elite gaming console and now the disk drive of this system generates overheat. I don’t know why this happen in this gaming console. This firmware updating is successfully happening in this gaming console without any error message. I think this updated firmware will not suit the system and hence it will make overheating problem. Then please help me to solve the problem.

Re: Spring Update causes Xbox 360 Elite Disk Drive Overheating

Hey dude, you mention that you have done the update task onto the system and after that this will be generates the heat in the system. Then I think there is some unnecessary works has been performing in this system. Then I suggest you to first check that the update firmware task you perform on the system will be compatible or not. If it is not compatible then you need to uninstall this and then perform the reinstall task onto the system. This will be solved the trouble.

The other way is check the hard drive speed is compatible with the updated environment. If there is some major difference between this speed of the hard drive and the other connected device then you need to replace this hard drive with the new compatible drive. Initially this console contains the 120Gb hard disk. There will be possibility that you had made some changes into this system and hence you need to check the compatibility issue. This will be solved the problem.

You need to check the cooling fan of this XBox 360 system is correctly work or not. This will be helps to you for removing such overheating conditions. Then first you need to do the open XBox gaming console and then locate the Cooling fan. If it is not rounded then, you need to replace it with the new one. This will be remove the overheating problem. If possible then please insert extra cooling FAN into this XBox 360. This will be keeps the system as cool as possible.

I also faced the same kind of problem. In that time, initially I think that the cooling FAN is not correctly work. Then I replace it with the other new branded FAN. Also I have done the adding extra FAN into the system. But this will be not helps to keep the hard drive as cool. Then I checked the jumper setting of this hard drive and there is some disconnection happen in there. Then I replace it correctly. Then there is nothing wrong happen in this system and this will works correctly.