Thread: Nokia X7: UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)

Nokia X7: UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)

Before one month I have bought Nokia X7 and I am very happy with this mobile as this mobile have all the functions which I want. I have found that Nokia X7 do not have application which allow you to connect with your network and share your all media which you can easily copy in your device or play in your device. Is there any way to do this then please let me know? if it is requires any application then suggest me the name of that application this will be helpful for me.

Re: Nokia X7: UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)

I have gone through your post and I think in Nokia X7 you can do this. As far as I know in Nokia X7 Map drive option is included like we have in computer and this option will allow us to share the media from network drive. If you want to use the media from the network then you can use this function and you can easily share whatever you want. I think this information will be helpful to you. If you want to know anything more then let me know.

If you want to map the drive in your Nokia X7 then you have to follow these steps. First open the menu and then click on the application. Now in applications you will find the Office. Now select the Office and then select the file manager. Now after that go to the options and there you will find the one little button for the Map new drive, now select that. After that you will be able to map the drive in which your media is stored. I hope after that you can share all the thing which you want.

I was also looking for this kind of feature in my phone and after that I have tried to search on the internet and from there I have find application which allow you to share media. The application is called Dukto and you can easily find this application on the internet. You have to just search file on the internet and after installing that you will be able to use your files through WLAN. I hope this solution will be able to solve your problem. If you still finding any issue after that then please let me know.

I have tried to search the Dukto application on internet and after that I have tried to solve the problem by installing it in my mobile but I didn’t get any help from that application. After that I have tried to map the drive by going in to the file manger option in my nokia X7 and after that when I select the map drive option at that time it was asking me for the IP address but I don’t know what to type in that? Please tell me what I should type there. Please help me with that.

In your Nokia X7 it is not possible to map any drive like normally we do in computer. If you want to map any driver in your nokia X7 then first you need to have WebDev server in your computer. If you don’t have that in your computer then you have to first setup the server in your computer and after doing that you can use the Webdav URL to map drive in your computer. I hope after doing that you will not get any issues with your mobile. If you need more information about that then let me know.