Thread: Connecting USB flash drives with x7

Connecting USB flash drives with x7

I noticed that the X7 will not automatically be able to read all the USB flash drive when connected. I seem to be associated with the manufacture of the units. I have SanDisk disks of various capacities and the X7 will connect with them with no problems. However, a 4 GB and 16 GB drive from Lexar while error message appears "USB device not supported" when connected to the phone. I could see the current requirements of the units in question, but I imagine that Lexar drives 200mA overcome the limitation imposed by the phone. I have not been able to find the actual specifications of the units, so that anyone who is buying one for use as additional memory for X7 would be better to try in the first telephone. The size of memory does not seem to have any effect. All units have tried to work as expected when connected to a PC. I will try many brands as you can about the coming days and post the results. Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Connecting USB flash drives with x7

As far as I know, I think no matter what they do and how large USB drives are only two things cause of what can and cannot work with X7: USB drives or external drives must have the enough power. Many external factors that need "two USB drives not working and this could be the problem likely Lexar units if they require power at large extent. If you have any doubts then you can try it by yourself and see what happens.

The drives will not work with exFAT and NTFS file systems but only Fat32. This could well be the reason for some of their flash drives work and others do not. So if you really want your work does not lead to work with the X7 it would not hurt to format the drive with the FAT32 file system. Also note that there will be a file size limit. I hope one of the updates Symbian 3 NTFS file system support was added as an obstacle that despite X7 supports mkv, many 720P MKV files is 4 GB.

Well, it gets interesting. I've tried more than 20 units of flash in my X7 and have reached the following conclusions: The error "USB device not compatible" may appear even though the drive is formatted with FAT32. This is the only format I've tried. The above error seems related to the power requirements of the unit, and remembers I'm only talking about flash drives. I have not been able to determine the specification of these methods. This seems to vary among manufacturers. All Lexar drives I've tried to refuse to be recognized, SanDisk seems to agree with other unknown brands. Some do, some do not.

I would say that I am not an expert, you need a memory unit for use as additional memory, try to get the phone first! There seems no way to indicate that a special unit working reading the packages, but I can be totally wrong and happily corrected. Is there something obvious I'm missing? It would be great if Nokia could comment on this, and who argue that the X7 can read flash memory, but obviously there are some restrictions. It would be helpful if the consumer is allowed to know what disk to buy before you buy!

I'm starting to develop paranoia about these things! I think the software pre-loaded on some units is not allowed to be recognized by the X7. Or else I think we should be sure that the plugs are tightly covered. Sometimes I get the error "unsupported device, disconnect" or something, with the same devices that 5 minutes everything was working well. I tried only 8 GB Corsair flash drive and work authorization.

Some people complain about verbatim not working. Well, I tried literally a drive of 16 GB of flash micro and runs smoothly. The place where it was argued that the software pre-loaded on some units may conflict with the operating system on the phone, Lexar drives in particular. This may or may not be accurate, but I tried Lexar five units of different sizes in my phone and none have been predicted. Could be a fluke, but I have called Lexar and placed the issue before them, but have not yet received any answer.