Thread: HTC HD7 has gap between its lower back and battery cover

HTC HD7 has gap between its lower back and battery cover

Hey guys, I recently noticed this particular issue with my HTC HD7 mobile phone. I noticed that there is some kind off gap in between the battery cover and the lower back cover. What is this gap for? Does this kind of gap exists only in my HTC HD7 phone or the defect is with all the phones of this specific model of HTC? Please guys, clear my doubt. It will be very grateful of you people to reply my post as your suggestion will be appreciated like always.

Re: HTC HD7 has gap between its lower back and battery cover

I have not seen any such kind of defect in my HTC HD7 mobile phone. You might have damaged your mobile phone by dropping it somewhere which made the battery cover loose enough to create little gap between it and the back cover of your mobile. Just try to remember whether anything like this happened or not. If the back cover and the battery cover is loose then it is for sure you must have damaged it, creating the gap you have mentioned.

You should probably contact the nearest store of HTC mobile and show your HD7 to the technician. They will exactly say you the reason behind this unusual kind of gap between your mobile phones back cover and the battery cover of your mobile. As this is an issue related to your hardware, I don’t think you will be getting free repairing from the HTC Store even if the product is under the warranty period. So be ready to spend some cash out of your pocket.

Thank you, guys for the quick posts. I did not expect such a fast reply. Also as you guys are saying that the gap might have got created because of me mishandling the mobile and damaging it. But I sharply remember that I have not and neither did anyone caused any damage to the mobile. The gap was there at the time of purchase itself. It is just that I noticed the gap recently. Also I have checked among many other HTC HD7 users and they also facing the same issue and everyone wants to know what these gaps are for?

If you are so sure that the gap was there from the time of purchase and almost all the users are facing this issue with their HTC HD7 mobile phone, it might be design of HD7 mobile. So, you don’t have to worry about it if it is by default. If the gap is bothering you very much then I guess you need to buy new covers for your mobile, by using which you can hide the gap between the back cover and the battery cover of your HTC HD mobile phone.

Dude, the gap between the back cover and the battery cover of your mobile is OK as this is in all the HTC HD7 mobile phones. The HTC team have made this change on purpose, mainly to make a room for the heat generated while you are using the device to blow out. The gap acts as a cooling system for your mobile. In fact this gap between your battery cover and the back cover of your HTC HD7 helps to dissipate the heat from your mobile.