Thread: My phone calls get on hold automatically in Nokia x7

My phone calls get on hold automatically in Nokia x7

I do not know if this is just me, but several times when I was talking to someone on the phone in my left hand and placed around the ear, suddenly could not hear the other side, or the person he was talking about I hung with. I could not understand why the line to keep falling soon, but yesterday I noticed the phone when the line is busy; there are two buttons in the middle of the screen: On hold and the end. What happened was that I was talking about, I touched my cheek on hold button and the line was suspended, therefore, could not hear the other person and vice versa. Has this happened to someone or do people talk with your phone far enough away from their face that this has not happened yet?

Re: My phone calls get on hold automatically in Nokia x7

Yes, the same thing happened to me three times in a 30 min call. My cheek touches the wait icon and seems to have a fall from a call, so stupid and annoying. I tried to be faithful to choose the X7 after my N95, and previous Nokia phones, but even though the camera is of a lower specification, I am considering sending the X7 to the tray and go for an iPhone. Too many web sites cannot access, text messaging is a curse, and it just seems slow and clumsy in comparison.

First two times the caller ended the call as she heard me and the funny thing is that she had the right to go to me to put the phone down on her. It took a couple of minutes to figure out what was happening. Too sensitive, you'd think the proximity sensor need to disable the hold / icons end the call when the phone is in use. Maybe people in research and development will not ever try their own products, as a simple stupid mistake.

Same damn thing happens to me; cheek keeps end calls or put people on hold annoying. I looked for a place to see if the phone has auto-lock dial, once you do, so if I wanted to do something that would slide the pause button. Well I am unable to find a setting which could help me to get solved with this problem. Well I don’t think so that Nokia will be able to solve this problem. Thus I am getting better not to touch my cheeks to the phone.

When the phone is placed alongside your face, it doesn't stop button presses, so your cheek tends to hit the hold button from time to time. It might be nice to have the screen disabled when the sensor turns off the screen. I think it is proximity sensor problem since it is set too close to the phone. Well I am not sure about this but I think you need to solve his problem by yourself. All the best.

The proximity sensor is fine. Just do not disable the button presses is the problem. The screen turns off but you can still use everything on the screen as call waiting and finally it can be accidentally shut down if not careful. It seems strange to keep the key feature when the screen is off. It seems very intuitive to clear the display and key functions together; because I really cannot press the buttons cannot be seen anyway. I'm quite surprised that was overlooked because they have assumed a range of testers accidentally made on your own.

The solution is simple for both code and to the end user. The code should be fixed, but users can very easily just hold the phone at a slight angle to prevent this from happening. I do not do because now I know better and avoid from the beginning. Nokia is not going to let off the hook though. This really should have been addressed in the code. Anyways you can try this and I hope this solves your issue.