Thread: Repair ipad 2 screen

Repair ipad 2 screen

Yesterday my 10 old ipad 2 was dropped desk and it strike my feet and toward a desk by an mishap - I was on top of the desk and annoying to clutch my ipad and someone pushed me and i dropped it. The display is cracked except it works still very well. The problem is cracked display occasionally bothers me. I've contacted apple for fix and counselor asked me $420. Is it actually cost $420? I am extremely dissatisfied for the reason that of this circumstances. Can anybody help me? What can I do for this?

Re: Repair ipad 2 screen

Just a brief moment of careless and even the display is broken glass on the iPad second The LCD display (the display) of the Apple iPad 2 is due to the design extremely sensitive and tends to break quickly. This becomes then artifacts (colorful stripes, white display) or felt by black spots on the display. It is leaking fluid display. There are some specialized repair technicians who will either replace or repair the screen for small amount of price or maybe the half of the amount than you mentioned above.

No matter where you want to repair or replace the screen it will surely going to cost you about the $400. As far as I know that there are nearly 2 layers on ipad 2. The uppermost layer is the protective layer which will protect the ipad 2 display from scratch, fingerprint and more. The inner layer is actually display. If the upper layer is broken or cracked then you don’t need to worry about I think. You can replace that with another one for a little amount. If both layer are integrated then you need to replace the whole thing.

I don’t think that spending $400 is really helpful for you at this moment. Because it is too expensive for a touch screen. I know that apple ipad 2 has a really good touch screen but I don’t think that it will gonna cost above $250 or $300. Have contacted any third party service center? If you cannot afford that much amount for screen then it is the only choice left for you. Get the ipad 2 screen from any third party manufacturer.

Ipad 2 screen doesn’t meant to broken by such a small accident because as you know that it has protection cover which will entirely cover the screen and protect it from any kind of damage as much as possible. However if you are still under the warranty period then you don’t need to pay that much of amount in order to get the new screen. You just only need to pay for the new screen and other service charges will be for free.

I didn’t think that the ipad2 screen will cause you this much. I know that touch screens are little expensive but I didn’t think that this much. By this amount you can get a new pad or tablet PC which might be running different OS other than the apple’s one. If I am in your case I would rather use that cracked ipad 2 as it is ( as you are telling that it is working fine) and get a new Android pad for my any additional usage.