Thread: Unable to use the OVI Suite through the USB in Nokia X7

Unable to use the OVI Suite through the USB in Nokia X7

Hi, I have a Nokia X7 and I use to use it for so many purpose, and recently I am having some problem regarding the OVI suit, that’s I am unable to connect to the OVI store through that suit, as whenever I tried to connect my phone through the USB cable it connect with an sound but OVI suite says phone not linked, thus I am unable to download the application to my computer. Need advice how can I use it? And recently I have done the hard resetting thus not able to use directly from the mobile also.

Re: Unable to use the OVI Suite through the USB in Nokia X7

The problem that you have mention has so many reason that cause the same issue, such as the problem in the mobile phone, or the software that you are using is been corrupted or might be you don’t have the proper cable or the damaged one, and lastly the internet connection is not perfect, thus I would suggest you that you should try to find where is the actual problem. And then you can mention it here, thus we can give the exact recommendation to that.

See whenever we install the OVI suit, it would first of all install all the necessary files for the mobile, but not the cable drivers, thus at that time we need to install those drivers, and according to me that is what you don’t have, thus try to install that and try to connect your phone again. I am not sure but it might be one possibility. Thus it’s better to try something, rather than just sitting idle.

I would suggest you that you should install the OVI suit again, because it might be possible that the one you have is being corrupted, and would not let you connect the phone to the PC. I hope you would get the CD from the phone itself so in that you can find that software, but if suppose you don’t have that CD you can download that software from the internet, in fact from their official website.

Hey as you have mentioned that you already have done the hard resetting, it might be possible that you have lose some of the important files from the phone, and I am sure about the one thing like you cannot install the OVI application in the phone after resetting it. Thus you need to flash the phone first, because after that it will give you the latest software for the phone and you’ll get all the necessary files back, I hope this would work.

Make sure that there is no problem in the phone itself, or the cable is not damaged, or you would not able to connect it however. If you found the problem in the phone or cable you must have to replaced it, I mean to say, if the problem is in the phone you can flash it out, and if the cable is damaged you can replace it from the service center, or if you don’t get it replaced you have to buy the new one unfortunately.

According to me it’s better to stick with the one we have, rather than to buy the new one, I mean to say as you have mentioned that you did a hard resetting, then I’d say it is impossible to install the OVI again and you have to download the application through the PC only, rather if you flash out the phone you’ll again get the application in the phone, and you don’t need to connect your phone to the PC for the same, thus flashing would be the best option.