Thread: After hard reset lost ovi store in Nokia X7 ?

After hard reset lost ovi store in Nokia X7 ?

Hey hi guys, I have a Nokia X7 and it was working nice before some days, but as since it started giving me unexpected errors I did a hard reset to restore my phone, but after that I lost my all the data from the phone, and the most important I am not getting the OVI application in the mobile phone, as it should be appeared, because the phone has it by default. I never ever face this kind of problem, I also do the same for the other phones also, but I haven’t get any such in that, need suggestion, any would be appreciated.

Re: After hard reset lost ovi store in Nokia X7 ?

See generally hard resetting doesn’t make this, but I think it’s because of you only, I mean to say, you might have done something wrong while doing the resetting, But I would there is nothing to worry about because, this is not the only option to get the application from the OVI store, as you just only have to have the account on the OVI, and you can download as many as application from the internet also, I mean to say from the computer also.

Yeah also heard about the same, I mean to say the people who had done the hard reset in their mobile phone were not able to install OVI store again. and to the solution to this, you must have to wait for the firmware liberate to be able to use OVI on your mobile phone once more. But I think their might be some way of installing it again, otherwise you have the other option as you can browse your mobile from the OVI store itself, and download the application to your computer and transfer it to the mobile.

I would suggest you that you should try to reset it again but this time it would be a soft reset, because as you have done the hard reset it might be possible that you have lost the important file for installing the OVI, and after softer setting you’ll might get those files back, thus I would say you should try that and then download the application from the internet and then install it to the mobile phone.

I am agree with the above user, like you can download the application to the computer also, and the then transfer it to the mobile phone, and if you don’t want to do that you can have the other option for flashing the mobile phone, in that it will uninstall the previous version, and install the latest software in the mobile, in that you’ll get the cell as you got from the company, a totally new. But keep the backup of the data before doing the same.

Hey thanks for the immediate replies guys, u have tried almost all the things for installing the new one, but unable to that, thus I have decided to flash the phone, and I often use to do the phone resetting but I haven’t don’t the flashing for any mobile, so can please help me with the proper guidance for doing it, I mean to say the proper precaution that shall I make, and do’s and don’ts. Kindly please let me know. Thanks again.

This is too simple I would say, as you need to have a PC companion for that, or else you won’t be able to install the new software, I would say, firstly install the Software update wizard to your computer and then connect your phone to the computer through the USB and let the wizard find the new software for your phone, and it will automatically download it to the computer and will install it in the phone, and as far as I know you should do it with the Phoenix, this is the software that you can use. And before doing that make a backup of the data that you have in the phone, or else you might lose that.