Thread: Internal fan of Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q705 is not working

Internal fan of Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q705 is not working

Hey guys, my sister purchased her Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q705 laptop two months back. It was working fine until now. But recently we have noticed that the laptop have started overheating. May because the internal fan is working sometimes and sometimes it’s not. I am unable to find what could be causing this kind of issue in this very new laptop. Does anyone have any idea regarding the issue? Please help me solving the problem. It will be very kind of you guys to do so. Your suggestions will be appreciated like always. Thank you in advance.

Re: Internal fan of Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q705 is not working

Over heating can be caused due to many reasons. One of the most important one being due to accumulation of dust and dirt particles near the ventilation area of your laptop. This would cause the blockage in your laptop, thus allowing minimum air flow and less cooling, thus causing the laptop to overheat automatically. So solve the overheating issue, I would suggest you to make sure that you keep your system clean and dust free. Also remember that you should clean the fan and the ventilation area after every few weeks to keep dust accumulation under control.

Over heating in your laptop can also be caused because of the overheating Graphic card (GPU) installed in your laptop. As already there is very less space in laptop, due to the congestion of space high usage of resource, the hardware devices turn to get heated up very fast. Also if your drivers are outdated and you are continuously using those outdated drivers, then also some system heat up and cause overheating. So, I would recommend you to make sure that you have installed the latest available drivers in your system.

According to me your fan is not getting the proper supply and that is why it is working well sometimes and is not working the other time. Also sometimes the fan do behaves this way, if it is dying. Dying, in the sense, has got damaged because of some reason. So I would suggest you to check whether your fan connection is proper and if it is getting all the necessary power supply to run smoothly without showing any issues. You cac check the connections by just opening the laptop case.

As you have mentioned that its being just two months now that you sister has purchased her Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q705 laptop. Then I would recommend you not to experiment yourself and open your laptop’s case. Because doing so will void you products warranty. So it is better if your take your laptop to the Toshiba store and show your laptop to the technical staff of Toshiba Care centre and get your laptop repaired. It is for sure that the laptop will be getting repaired for free as it will be under warranty periods. If the problem is big then you can also get your laptop completely replaced by a brand new one.

Thank you all for showing your concern toward my issue. It was very kind of your guys to spend so much of your quality time to stop by my post and type in your quality input. I went through all the suggestions and the solution which I am agreeing and going for is to visit the Toshiba Service centre and show my Toshiba laptop to the technical staff of the service centre and get it repaired. I don’t wish to get my device into more damage by my stupidity and experiments.

I also have a Qosmio X305-Q705. Mine is also overheating, then goes to black screen only after a few minutes. Getting help from Toshiba if your machine is out of warranty, for get it. They are completely aware of the problem and won't admit it: after trying to speak to a rep.. For what the cost of this computer was, I'll never buy another toshiba again. I can only hope that the problem really is overheating. They want $920.00 for a new graphic card. There out of there minds. I've already installed a new hard drive and memory. No help. I've also tried new drivers. Again no help. My advice to anyone that owns one is; if you can, fix it and sell it as fast as you can. Get what you can out it.
    There's actually a chat room web site for all the people that purchased this model. No, none of them are very happy. Including me. Good Luck. We all need it.