Thread: PS3 Drive Comparison HDD or SSD?

PS3 Drive Comparison HDD or SSD?

I recently heard the release of the Solid state drive, more importantly it enormous speed and data transfer capability. So here is what I want to know, Is the speed of HDD comparable to SDD in terms of price and without it. Does this bring change in the way the game boots up are the way we play it. Please some help me with this topic as I am seriously considering purchasing a SSD.

Re: PS3 Drive Comparison HDD or SSD?

Solid state drive would give probably about the same speed as a 7200rpm drive give or take, but like three times the price, and for your kind information the 7200rpm does not create enough heat to kill you ps3 so if you are thinking to switch to SSD due to the heating problem of HDD then don‘t do it, they have done tests and there is no difference, SDD are not worth the money for a ps3 a laptop perhaps but a stick no it a ps3.

I am not certain concerning the slims but I’m convinced the facts that had sata 1.0 which is 1.5gbit/s (about 150mb a second) compared to sata 2.0 which is 3gbit/s (about 300mb a second) preeminent to stick with what the ps3 can switch and not try to create a restricted access, I’m convinced there are wikis with the exact specification for the ps3 and the sata speeds but I’m exhausted but, trying for SSD is not a bad idea.

I like how SSD's are quicker and I love that garbage characteristic forever since I heard about it just, I m just not interested in an SSD because I would like to go to around 320GB and for that I can buy 2 ps3's right now so I will wait till flash memory drops even more so that I can then buy in the price of an HDD isn ‘t that a better way out. Nice presentation, but still not worth the payment.

Definitely loved the time and effort put in at this juncture, lots of great information. I will however have to concur with a lot of folks at this point that the prices for SSD's are just way too soaring at the moment. So regrettably I am going to have to wait a while before I can join you in the awesomeness that is SSD usage. So till then my HDD works better than SDD.

Much adore for all the occasion and effort you have put into both comparisons. I like the outcome for SSD, but I will have to linger until the price drops and ability increases. Great read nevertheless. It’s just a question of how much natives should read into the results. While a sole experiment might be interesting, it’s hard to use that as a basis for executive. in my opinion, I'm less fascinated in the videos than in the consequences.

In fact, at present is a bit more to it. I do sprint every test more than once to verify results. I merely post the primary video to save space on my server. In addition to, organization multiple test actually doesn't change the times at all. The PS3 appears to be very reliable with its load period.