Thread: BIOS update leading to Poor connection to wireless on Battery in Satellite L655-S5150

BIOS update leading to Poor connection to wireless on Battery in Satellite L655-S5150

Hi Friend, last one month I am work on the brand new Toshiba Satellite L655-S5150 laptop. Yesterday, I done the update BIOS task on the system and then I checked the wireless connection of this laptop. I found that this connection is very poor. It takes lot of time for data transmission. Within few times, this will be creating the connection cutting in and out issues. I noticed that it only happens when I am work on laptop battery power. I need help to solve this trouble. Any help would be appreciates.

Re: BIOS update leading to Poor connection to wireless on Battery in Satellite L655-S5150

Yep, there will be possibility that the updated BIOS needs to reestablish the connection. After updating BIOS there will be possibility that some changes happen in this BIOS setting and may be the port setting of this system is changed. Then I suggest you to reinsert this wireless connection. It will be necessary to solve this kind of connection. This is one of the possibilities of this problem and you need to try this solution. It might be helpful to solve this trouble.

Re: BIOS update leading to Poor connection to wireless on Battery in Satellite L655-S5150

This laptop uses the Wi-Fi connectivity for the wireless connection. There might be possible that the compatibility with the updated version of the BIOS and the wifi. Hence I think you need to check this compatibility. If there is something wrong happen into that connection than I suggest you to again do this update BIOS operation into the system and first make sure that the latest BIOS will be supports this wifi and also the other components of the laptop.

As per you mentioning in the post the laptop battery could be possibly create this problem. Hence I suggest you to connect the AC power adaptor to this laptop and then check this wireless connectivity. It might be possible that the poor connection problem has to be solved from the system and you can able to fully enjoy this wireless connection. This is the temporary solutions. Also I suggest you to fully charge the laptop battery. It will be helps to remove such connectivity problem.

Hey dude, I also found the same trouble and I fix this issue. First I have little bit confused about this issue then I change the power settings of the wireless adapter. I set it to the maximum performance but by default it will be set as a medium performance. This will be so helpful to for solving this trouble. This is the most unexpected solution and I read this solution on the manual of this laptop. Hence I suggest you to also follow the same solution to remove this problem.

Yes, this type of solution is really helpful for solving this trouble. Actually the main think happen here is that the power management of the system will be interfering with the wireless connection. Hence the poor wireless connection is happen in this system. Then I suggest you to follow the same kind of solution to solve the trouble. Also you need to fully charge the battery of this laptop. If the laptop battery is fully charged then it will be helps to establish the wireless connection.