Thread: Chip set in Toshiba Satellite A660-BT3G25x: Intel HM55 or HM65 Intel Express?

Chip set in Toshiba Satellite A660-BT3G25x: Intel HM55 or HM65 Intel Express?

I wish to purchase a customized edition of the Toshiba Satellite A660-BT3G25x. Toshiba begin to putting the "Fixed" Intel HM65 Express Chip Set into their machines along with the "Second Generation" Intel Procerrors. Toshiba displays, on their PDF Spec Sheet, that their customizable devices, encompass the initial generation HM55 chip sets and not the recent "Fixed" HM65, within the second generation generation processors. When I verified along with Toshiba, I got mixed reactions from Toshiba direct and Toshiba Support. It really appears unsure. Reply people.

Re: Chip set in Toshiba Satellite A660-BT3G25x: Intel HM55 or HM65 Intel Express?

I presently acquired this laptop yesterday , and was trying to discover out what the name or the replica of the board in this unit is, attempting to come across ropes the newer SATA III HD's. I then called tech support for assistance and they told me that there is a spec sheet you will be able to download on the website and it names as HM55 Express chipset. Hence, do download the sheet and have a look. I am sure my post will enlighten the things for you.

Re: Chip set in Toshiba Satellite A660-BT3G25x: Intel HM55 or HM65 Intel Express?

I would like to share my experience here. When I went to Intel's website & observed the specs, the 55 merely chains First GEn Core processors. The HM65 Express is necessary to sustain the newer Sandy Bridge processors. Consequently, my gut feeling is that the spec sheet is incorrect & out-of-date, and which it in point of fact is the HM65 Express in this unit, for the reason that it has the 2nd Gen 2630qm Core I-7 in it. Thank You.

After reading your post, I immediately chatted by the use of live chat along with Intel, they established that the HM55 Express chipset does not sustain up the newer Sandy Bridge processors. Subsequently, Toshiba's laptop A660-BT3G25x, is surely required to encompass the newer HM65 Express Chipset, which furthermore ropes Universal Serial Bus 3.0. However, I am anticipating, to hear from Toshiba’s tech support.

On any 'customized' model, you can still track down the central specs by locating the model's 'Part Number' on the Toshiba label on the underneath of the unit, otherwise by making use of the Toshiba PC Diagnostic Tool. In this particular scenario, the Part Number is PSAW9U-02L020. Any model, containing the equal 'Part Number' commencement, in this scenario PSAW9U, will have the identical central specs. Actually, a few Toshiba model from anywhere in the world, with the first 5 identical characters of this number, will comprise the alike central specs.

You will become aware on the specs for this model, the things that can be 'customized' are: the Home Premium, otherwise Professional version of Windows 7 64bit; 4, 6, or 8 Giga Bytes of Random Access Memory; the size and velocity of the hard drive; the category of Optical Disk Drive; the WiFi card, whether or not to contain Bluetooth, in addition to the battery ability. However, another time, whichever Toshiba models from anywhere with identical first 5 characters of the these models' Part Number, have the matching central specs.