Thread: Satellite L305-S5877 Restarting Randomly due to AC power

Satellite L305-S5877 Restarting Randomly due to AC power

Hi, I bought Toshiba Satellite L305-S5877 in the last week now it keeps randomly restarting when I connect AC power to this laptop. When I am unplug the AC power cable and then trying with Battery, then it works fine and nothing bad happen in this laptop. I haven’t been understood that within one month it will be give the unrealistic trouble. Now this is starting to happen more frequently. This laptop contains windows vista operating system. Any thoughts or help will be appreciating.

Re: Satellite L305-S5877 Restarting Randomly due to AC power

Hey dude, for fix this kind of troubles you need some special task that will be completely removed such kind of problem. Yes, there is perfect solution available on this problem. First open System Properties by just right click on My computer. Then click on advanced tab. It shows the Settings button. Click that button which is at the bottom of under Startup and Recovery section. Then finally uncheck the automatically restart check box. This will be solved the problem.

If you have already done this task and still the problem is not removed from the system, then there is possibility that the battery is damaged. For finding the actual solution over this problem you try to use the other suitable battery this will help you to solve this trouble. Then replace the laptop battery. It really works in most of the cases if the battery is damaged. Hence try this different solution. This will be helps to remove such randomly restarting problem.

I also faced the same kind of trouble in my Toshiba satellite. This is the most dangerous problem of the system initially I think that the problem is present on the laptop. Then I read your post and I test the battery replacement solution. After replacing the battery the laptop start for booting without restarting randomly. I also connect the AC power cable into the laptop and there is nothing wrong happen in this laptop. I think you also try this solution. This is really helpful for solving the trouble.

You need to try to reset the BIOS. It will be helpful sometime to solve this kind of troubles. Hence first you need to go to the BIOS option by pressing the Del key on the laptop. Then in the BIOS setting check the setting has to be correctly set or not. If it is not set correctly then the system restart happening. Then I suggest you to reset the BIOS of the system. This might be helping you to solve the randomly restarting problem.

The problem you have mentioned is typical of older Toshiba Satellites where the NEC/TOKIN Proadlizer Capacitor is failing. It is surprising that you are facing this in a new laptop (or is this a second hand laptop?). In any case google "A200 random shutdown" and have a look at Notsosure's posts, who has succesfully repaired such a laptop recently.