Thread: Dell Streak as WiFi Hotspot

Dell Streak as WiFi Hotspot

I have a Dell Streak which I need to use it as a Wifi Hotspot. So far I haven’t seen anybody used the Streak device as a Hotspot. I know that it is possible for me to tether my Streak in order to connect to the internet but the Wifi Hotspot will be better for me to do so. I usually go to different places and I carry Dell streak everytime and everywhere. It would be better if it is possible for me to use my device with Wifi Hotspot. Wifi is easy to share as my opinion.

Re: Dell Streak as WiFi Hotspot

I heard that there are number of guides and tutorials regarding setting up the Ad-hoc WiFi network from your Dell Streak, enabling you to connect to mobile phone internet connection from an additional WiFi enabled gadget. For this think that you will need a rooted phone. You need root access as well as busybox on your mobile phone to achieve this task. You don’t need to worry about guides because it is already leaked on the internet.

The app I utilized to employ for WiFi tethering on top of my HTC Desire - Wireless Tether for Root Users - doesn't operate for Dell Streak, since the kernel lacks support in favor of the netfilter job. On the other hand, Barnacle - an optional tethering app - works perfectly; I've been utilizing it the last pair of days to give Internet to my lately obtained and presently unequipped flat. Unlike the previous app, Barnacle can be got straightforwardly from the Android Market, therefore installation is a crack.

Well you have 2 options:
    • You will need to hang around until Dell release the Froyo upgrade, for the reason that it will be integrated also with USB internet sharing as well.
    • Configuring it currently by rooting your gadget and installing the application from the Android market.

It would be wrong of me to attempt to provide you a how-to for the reason that I've not made it;

The Dell/AT&T Streak will probable obtain an application to connect wifi tethering that will verify your account intended for that access through AT&T. As of so far there isn't a 2.2 Android obtainable on AT&T therefore i have not anything to go on. However if you hack/root it you might almost certainly accomplish it for free. Depending on quite a few stuff they otherwise might not identify if you're doing it except they inspect you.

I've successfully tethered (wifi and USB) for years on AT&T devoid of paying for it from side to side a variety of hacks, except my practice is extremely indiscriminate and just little email/browsing therefore I really use fewer data.
    You can obtain this setting by the use of Quick Settings
    • First of all go to android market and install Quick Setting
    • Now run that setting and click Menu Button on top of the Streak
    • Select modify and scroll down and you will observe hidden things Press lying on the right surface of the display and shift it up on top of the hidden bar.