Thread: Dell streak cannot connect to Dlink WEP wifi

Dell streak cannot connect to Dlink WEP wifi

I have bought new Dell streak phone and I have gone through all the features of my phone as it has almost everything which I want in my phone I have also ipad. I am using Dlink router to connect my Dell streak all the device through WIFI and I normally connect my ipad to my Dlink wep WIFI. But when I try to connect my Dell streak with my Dlink wep WIFI at that I am not able to connect it. Please tell me what should I do to fix this.

Re: Dell streak cannot connect to Dlink WEP wifi

I have read your issue and I think ou have to first check that whether you are able to connect your Dell with other router or not? if you have any other WIFI router at your place or if your friend have any wifi router then try to connect your phone with that router. If your Dell streak is connecting properly with other router then I think you have to do proper setting in your router or on your Dell streak. After doing the necessary setting you will not get this issue.

According to me you should try this trick to solve your problem. First check in your router setting by going in to the router setting and after that if you are not able to understand the exact problem then first reset your setting and after that make all the setting again. While doing setting make sure that you do not make any mistake. Now after that restart the router and after that try to connect your mobile I think after doing that you will not get any issue.

I have one solution for you to solve this problem. After reading your post I have searched on the internet and about router setting. According to me your router setting should be in way. First set no security in the Open option, after that set more secure replacement for WEP in WPA2 option then you have to set wired equivalent privacy either 64bit or 128bit in WEP option and last setting will be WPA option in which you have to set Wifi protected access, stop gap between WEP and WPA2. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

I have read your all above post and after that I have reset my all router setting after reading your post but after resetting the router also same problem was coming but after that when I try to connect my iPAD at that time I am not facing any issue it means my router is working proper. After that I have tried to do setting according to above post and after doing those setting also I am facing the same problem. Now please tell me how to fix this? Is there anything wrong with my phone?

If you are not able to solve the problem and as you have said that you are able to connect your ipad with the same router perfectly then I think there must be something wrong with your mobile or router setting and that is why I would like to tell you that first try to search the proper setting for your router according to your dell streak because the setting which you have trying may not be proper. If you are not able to found the setting then I think you should contact Dell support.

After doing the setting according to your above post also I was facing the same issue and after that I called on Dell customer care center and asked for the solution about my problem and after that they have given me all the configurations about me router and dell streak. Now after doing all the setting I am not facing any issues with my router and mobile. Thank you so much for giving me all the above information and helping me. I appreciate your help.