Thread: Is Silverlight available for Dell Streak?

Is Silverlight available for Dell Streak?

Hey people, my cousins are using Dell Streak tablet from some time. Today they came to visit me. So, I was just going through it and I must say it is very impressive. But still like any other big successful product, it also had some issues, atleast according to me it had. I tried visiting some websites which I can easily visit using my Windows 7 running laptop from the Streak but was unable to run it on the Android running Streak. I am assuming that the missing Silverlight might be the reason behind this. So I wanted to know whether Silverlight is available in Android running Dell Streak. If yes then where I can find it?

Re: Is Silverlight available for Dell Streak?

According to me you can visit almost every website from your Dell Streak tablet. My friends are using it and we are able to visit almost all the websites in Streak without even facing any kind of issue. It might be possible that your Streak firmware might not be update and that is why you are facing such issues with your cousin’s Streak tablet. So I would suggest you to ask you cousin’s to perform update in their respective Dell Streak and install the necessary updates. Most probably you should update your ROM, i.e from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2 if you are able to perform the task in your device.

I would like to bring this point in your consideration that the Silverlight support is not available for Android running Dell Streak. The talks are still going on that Dell Streak will be supporting Silverlight along with other features but nothing is confirmed yet. So the solution at this moment is to wait for the Dell support staff to launch the necessary updates which might solve this weird and irritating issue among all the Android Dell users who are unable to view any of the Silverlight running websites. Just wait for the updates.

You must contact the nearest Dell Support Centre and confirm whether Dell Streak users can visit Silverlight running websites or not. Or else you can visit the official website of Dell and check out the necessary specifications and features of Dell Streak. Or else search for the Streak device on Internet and read different reviews on it and find out the real thing behind all this issue. Visit the official website of Dell to update the Dell Streak device. There you will find all the necessary detailed vies about your respected devise.

Dude, Android provides it users with millions on its Android Market. Just search for the Android Market on Internet and visit the official website of it. Search for different browsers on Android Market and try running the website which you wanted to visit on those browser apps. This will give you the clear idea about which websites can be visited in which browser in Dell Streak device. But remember that most of the apps might be Paid one, so first get a proper information about the app and then only download and install it in your system.

My fried also faced this similar kind of problem while viewing few websites using his Android running Dell Streak. After searching a lot and reading many forums and suggestions we came across one good solution which seems to have worked a little bit for us. So I would also suggest you to do the same. Just try the Skyfire browser. It would definitely help you. Search for Skyfire browser on Internet and download it for your device. Install it in your system and enjoy browsing.