Thread: Complete Motorola Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

Complete Motorola Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

Hi, I have a Motorola droid X, which was having too many problems in booting and after that some application error and many more, thus I have deliberate to flash it out and install a new software to the phone, but as I haven’t done it ever, I don’t know how to do that, so hoping that I would get some proper solution from here, or specific guide that guide us to perform the steps, and in spite of these I have heard about the .SBF file, what is that actually, how do we flash out mobile through that? need proper suggestion.

Re: Complete Motorola Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

This is too simple I would say, but you should take care of some considerable things while performing flashing. First of all you should keep the back up of all the data from your mobile to any computer, or if suppose if you don’t have that, you can keep the backup in other mobile also, but I would say you need to have a computer to install a new software, many times I have heard that we can do the same through the phone also, but I would recommend you to do with PC only.

See as you are asking about the .sbf file, the sbf stands for system boot file, through which you can flash out the phone, but I am not very much aware that how to use that file, but I would simply suggest you that you can visit the Motorola droid forums for the issue you have, you’ll get the step by step procedure in their forums, or you can check the website also for the same.

Yeah the system boot file is necessary for flashing the phone as this is responsible for booting the phone, and remember one thing that you’ll not get it work until and unless you download the latest one for your mobile, thus first of all download the file first and perform the following steps. First of all power down the phone and remove the batter, after that hold down Camera Button with Volume Down Button and the power button together until the bootloader pops up any message. after doing these you’ll see the Bootloader is with black screen written with message with white text. Saying Bootloader 30.03, battery OK, connect USB data cable. But while doing these you need to have some important files such as the drivers and the SBF files. Thus extract that .SBF file, RSD lite 4.8 and drivers to your desktop, see drivers are optionally recommended. Now follow this instruction.

-Install the RSD lite first and then boot your phone into bootloader using the previous instructions

-Connect the phone to the computer through the USB cable, and open RSD lite and browse the .SBF files located in the desktop. And then click start to begin flashing.

Hey thanks guys, this is more than I expected actually, and I don’t think I need a guide for flashing the phone, now I am planning to perform this tonight, I hope this work, thanks again, and by the way I didn’t understand that whether the drivers are necessary or we can do same without them also, do I download the drivers also along with that .SBF files? And from where will I get those files? Hey sorry to bother again but I am little bit unsure.

Yeah, as I mentioned that you can carry on without that driver also, as they are the optional recommendation, and don’t worry, as you are come to here, we would like to help, without any problem, so don’t bothersome about this, and you can simply download this files from the Motorola’s website, you can get it from another site also, but I am not sure that it would work perfectly or not, thus I am strongly suggest you to download it from the official website only.