Thread: Limited connectivity with PS3

Limited connectivity with PS3

I am presently using my Iphone 4 which was purchased last month. I needed internet on my PS3 not for playing online games but to access playstation and update the system and games. But I came across a strange issue while doing so. I bought an Ethernet cable and plugged it in. For some time it was working fine but after that suddenly it displayed an error saying “Limited connectivity”. Is anyone aware about this issue? If yes then please help me to solve this issue.

Re: Limited connectivity with PS3

The issue that you have posted is complicated. I also have a PS3 but didn’t encounter such issues till now in that PS3. You are the first person who has discussed such issues with me. As I don’t have much knowledge about such issues that is the reason I am finding such issues difficult to overcome. So I won’t be able to provide you the necessary suggestion you require to overcome the issue. May this time someone else can help you to solve the issue.

It is quite an interesting issue that you have posted. It is very difficult to find the actual cause for such issues. According to me this issue is related to network driver. I also encountered this problem before and at that time it was due to network driver issue. To solve such issues I would suggest you to un-install the network driver. After that plug in cable and click on re-install. It will re-install the driver again. Re-installation normally removes all the errors. Try this out and inform me about the consequences.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome the issue. As suggested by you I un-installed the network driver and re-installed it again but the same error was displayed again. I tried a lot to overcome the issue with the help of the methods that I knew but it was of no use. The issue remained the same as it was initially. Are you aware about some other solutions to surmount the issue? If yes then please inform me about it.

This issue now seems to be solved. As we, don’t know the accurate reason of the issue that is why it is taking time to overcome the issue. I am aware about some methods that can surely help you out. I will suggest you to use a TCP/IP reset programme. It will definitely solve your issue. If this doesn’t work out then do cdm ipconfig release and update it. Your issue will surely be solved using anyone solution that I have mentioned. Try this out and tell me about the consequences.

I also faced such issues in the past. But now I have found a solution for such issues and I will definitely tell you about it. The actual reason due to which the issue occurred was that I didn’t make use of personal hotspot with PS3. Due to this the error was displayed because the SSID was unable to proceed further and it kept displaying the message “incorrect format”. I think your issue is quite similar to this. Try out the solution that is mentioned by me and I am sure that it will certainly solve our issue.

Thanks a lot for all the responses and suggestions that you have given me to surmount the problem. Your suggestion helped me a lot to solve the issue. Previously I had discussed this issue with my colleagues but they could not help me to overcome the issue. You are the first person who supported and helped me. The solution that you specified was the exact solution and now my issue is solved. At last the annoying issue does not exist. It was not possible to solve the issue without your advice.