Thread: Sony Vaio VPCEB190x laptop random cursor movements

Sony Vaio VPCEB190x laptop random cursor movements

I have got a Sony Vaio VPCEB190x laptop just now. AS you know that sony’s laptop are the best in the world as my sayings. Yes, it obviously provides the best range of laptops and netbooks to the market ensuring the better performance rather than the price. Right now the only issue I am facing in this laptop is about the cursor movements. The issue is about the random cursor movements. This only happened when any keys get hit. I don’t know why this is happening and how to avoid it. Can anyone tell me?

Re: Sony Vaio VPCEB190x laptop random cursor movements

It could be the issue of the touchpad rather than the entire laptop. You may perhaps try Palm check within your touchpad settings. I will examine the touchpad and corrects most of the issues if possible. Otherwise if you encompass a USB or Bluetooth mouse plug that inside and ensure your touchpad is disabled while working with that external mouse. If the cursor or pointer still jumps following that in that case I’m not certain what it is except will try and come across you an answer.

This issue also irritated me much while typing a document and unintentionally the palm of your hand meets the touchpad, altering the place of the cursor inside your document otherwise by mistake clicking on top of an option. For this the best solution I came across is the use of third party software to disable the touchpad. TouchFreeze is uncomplicated function designed for Windows NT/2000/XP that resolves this trouble. It automatically turns off the touchpad whilst you are typing a document or something else. It is somewhat similar to the syndaemon on x-windows.

I've have the similar trouble on a dell D830, cursor stirring to the higher right-hand bend. It simply occurs while I'm utilizing the touchpad, not while I'm employing a peripheral mouse and I don't make use of the stick. Former today I turned off the stick just to attempt since of something besides that utilized to occur on my Dell D800. After disabling the stick pointer the issue automatically disappeared from my laptop. In your case also something else might be interfering with the mouse cursor movements.

I hope that your palms are not brushing the touchpad while you type something or hit any key. This usually happens when you are typing a documents or doing something else using keypad without noticing the hand whilst it is touching the touchpad. If so, then you might need to decrease the sensitivity. If the touchpad sensitivity level is too high then it can response to slight brush of your hand. Decrease the level and see the difference. If it is still happening then you need to contact the Sony’s eSupport team. They might be familiar about the issue.

It doesn’t look like there is any kind of hardware related problem otherwise the operating system which you use. If you are using the Linux there you can disable the touchpad the by the help of a simple command. For windows you must rely on any other applications. Furthermore make sure that your computer is not controlled by any outside person or access. It is also a reason. If someone has connected you by the help of remote desktop connection software then they will have all the access of your laptop operation. Other than this some malware or Trojan programs also has the similar functionality to interrupt the user’s job.

I have seen this kind of issue in several laptops but I didn’t think that we can see the same issue in Sony’s laptop also. Whatever it may be, the best thing you can do at first is scan the system with an updated antivirus. If everything is clear then run the Windows update. If still it not fixed then get the original Windows OS disc and run the repair utility from it. if it still not fixed then it very hard to say now. It would be better if you take your laptop to the nearest repair center. If it is hardware problem then you need to repair it. Sometime you may need to replace the whole touchpad if it really damaged.