Thread: Acer Travelmate 240 driver is missing

Acer Travelmate 240 driver is missing

My sister is using Acer Travelmate 240 which very old. In that laptop windows Xp was installed which was running very slowly it takes so much of time in laptop startup and after that if I open any application at that time also it takes lots of time. Because of thi my sister gave me laptop to solve that issue and I have decided to format the laptop and install the Windows vista in that but when I put the Windows vista CD in drive at that time it is not recognizing the disk. I think this problem is coming because of missing driver, if it is true then where to get the drivers for same?

Re: Acer Travelmate 240 driver is missing

I have referred your problem and as you have said that your laptop is running very slowly and you have decided to install the windows vista then I would like to tell you that think twice before installing the windows vista because if your laptop is taking so much time in windows Xp then you can imagine what will happen if you install the vista. According to me first you have to do disk cleanup and remove all the temporary files from your system. It will help to speed up your laptop.

If your laptop CD ROM is not recognizing your windows vista bootable CD and then I think first you have to check whether that bootable disk is working perfectly or not? just try to put that bootable disk in other laptop or other computer and after that check whether that CD is working perfectly or not? because if you are able to see the CDROM drive in your laptop my computer then It means there is nothing wrong with your CD ROM drivers. First check this thing and then let me know.

I have gone through your post and I have one trick to solve this issue. First go to my computer and then right click on the open area. After that you have to go in to the device manger and check whether any yellow exclamation mark is there on your CD ROM drive. If it is there then right click on that and after that click on the update driver. Now you will get option from there select the search driver automatically option and it will install the driver. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

If your CD ROM drive is not recognizing your to install the windows vista disk. Then I think you must be using windows vista DVD and you have CD ROM in your laptop. So you will not able to run the DVD in that drive. That is why I would like to suggest you that you should try to solve the problem by connecting External DVD ROM with your laptop and after that you will be able to install the operating system in your laptop. After doing this solution you will not get any issue.

I don’t have much knowledge about computer and laptop and that is why first I thought that I am facing this problem because of missing drivers in my laptop but after that I read you post and I came to know that I was trying to use bootable DVD in my CD ROM drive and that is why it was not recognizing the . after that I connected external DVD ROM with my laptop and after that I installed the windows vista in my laptop now all the things are working perfectly. Thank you for helping me.