Thread: Why does ASUS K50AF laptop Freezes every now and then?

Why does ASUS K50AF laptop Freezes every now and then?

I have this ASUS laptop I got it gift from my girlfriend last year. I was using this very safely only for watching movies playing music, some word processing, office presentation etc. now last moth I connected it to the internet for the first time after getting it and it suddenly started to freeze for no good reason. The laptops configuration is good but I just don’t want to spoil it. What my laptop gets is called the freezing fits I named it. It repeats these steps usually 85% of the time or else I just start it up and then it freezes this repeats all the time. And the other 15% it covers up by freezing randomly like while surfing the internet, or installing big games. And I checked it and it is not getting heated. I have also cleaned the laptop very well. I even called the customer support number and he doesn’t know any thing about it and then he asked me to restore the OS of the laptop.

Re: Why does ASUS K50AF laptop Freezes every now and then?

I also had this same problem with the Acer aspire laptop with the core i5 processor, 4 GB ddr3 ram, 1 GB ati radeon graphic card, 500 GB hdd and it use to hang at any random time even during the word processing or going through the pictures. Then I thought that it was the problem with the laptop’s hardware but I called the customer care support and the lady on the line told me to restore the operating system of the laptop and I did that and also before that he guided me to update the bios by downloading the file from the Acer’s website I did that and my problem is now completely solved.

You can try swapping the hard drive with dome other hard drive and then try loading any test operating system in it and see if the laptop is still hanging or working fine. Cause sometimes in the harddirve there are a few bad sectors which causes the problem for the system while it tries to read or write the data from/to it. Or else try running the scan on the hard drive by connecting it externally in some other system. Just go to the dos and then type in the command scandsk /f and scandsk /r these two commands will check the hard drive for any bad sectors and will recover it. Try this and let us know if the problem is resolved.

Try swapping or the ram. Sometimes the system loads a program in the ram and then tries to read it if the address on the ram is not readable then the system will hang. So you can try putting in some other memory and then see if your laptop works fine or else try swapping the slots of the memory so that this will confirm if the memory slot on the motherboard is gone bad. Then in that case you can call the customer care and then tell them to change the motherboard for you.

Try cleaning the unwanted files from your computer, and also defragment the hard drive of the computer, run the hard drive diagnostic test and also the, memory diagnostic tool. To check if the hard drive or the memory is faulty. Clean the laptop so the ventilations are clean. Apply the coolant on the processor and the graphic card and also the cooling pads, so that the heat is properly getting out. Also update the bios and the drivers of all the hardware devices in your laptop. All these steps will definitely help you to get to the source of the problem and you can accordingly act to cure it.\