Thread: How to make FN Keys work for VGN-CS320J?

How to make FN Keys work for VGN-CS320J?

I just upgraded my operating system in my laptop Sony VAIO - VGN-CS320J from windows vista ultimate 32 bit to windows 7 home premium 32 bit and now everything in my laptop is working absolutely fine but the Fn keys on the keyboard is not working properly, actually none of the Fn keys are working. Although they all worked in windows vista absolutely fine. The upgraded process went absolutely fine and I have installed all the drivers properly and also restarted the machine whenever it asked me during the driver installation process.

Re: How to make FN Keys work for VGN-CS320J?

The FN keys are actually part of the notebook control and the utilities driver is the thing that you need to install to make the FN keys to work properly. And for the upgrade driver it is broken down in to two parts VAIO control center and setting utilities, if installing the utilities does not resolve your issue then I guess those keys are not supported in the windows 7. Because there is no Hot Key utility driver. The above steps are for the Windows 7 upgraded installation. Sony notebook utilities installs the VAIO software component required for function keys operation and note that even after installing this file, the brightness and monitor output key will not work.

I had this problem in my Sony VAIO laptop a few weeks back when I was upgrading my operating system from windows vista to windows 7. Then I tried out a few things, goggled it and finally got it working. First of all I downloaded all Sony drivers for vista and then installed VAIO event service and then restarted the laptop. Then I installed Sony DLL utilities and restarted the machine, then finally installed the Sony shared library and restarted the laptop for the last time and guess what I got it working the brightness, zoom in and zoom out, volume, monitor output and every FN key was working fine. Try it, it should work.

Hi there, I suggest you to try cleaning the dust from the keyboard using a blower and a brush especially from the FN key if there is any. Try resetting the keyboard. To do this you need to disassemble your laptop only up until your keyboard is out. Then remove the cable going from your keyboard to the motherboard, then start your laptop and then shut it down and then reconnect your laptop and then start your laptop again and it should work incase if it doesn’t works then try it attaching a new keyboard and try your laptops keyboard in some other laptop you will come to know what is the actual problem.