Thread: How to recover lost data from Lexar 4gb firefly memory stick?

How to recover lost data from Lexar 4gb firefly memory stick?

I have a Lexar 4gb fire fly memory stick. When I bought it, it was working properly. But recently when I used it to store some data, it showed me an error message showing that the memory stick is full. I am not able to retrieve my data. And to add to the misery, when I insert the memory stick into my pc, it asks me to format it. I can’t afford my important data to be lost, hence I can’t format the memory stick. But, I just came to know that my brother formatted it. I really want my data back at any cost. Please suggest me how can I get it back?

Re: How to recover lost data from Lexar 4gb firefly memory stick?

Now that you have formatted your memory stick, you can scan it by an antivirus, to remove any possible viruses, if any. And make sure that you don’t add anymore data into your memory stick until you don’t get your lost data back. It is important that you keep your memory stick empty till you recover all your lost data. You can download data recovery softwares like EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard or Recuva. You can install them and then run the software to recover your lost data.

If the data in a memory stick is lost accidentally, then it can be recovered with the help of many data recovery softwares available on the internet. One of them is Kernel Data Recovery. To recover the lost data, first you need to download this software from the internet into your hard disk. Then double click on the icon to install it. Once the installation is completed, connect the memory stick to the computer. Select the drive from My Computer and click on Start. Now, the scanning process will start to search for any lost or deleted files. Once the scanning is done, you can get back your lost data, safe and sound.

You can also use BadCopy Pro which is also a data recovery software, to recover your lost data from your memory stick. In order to recover your data using BadCopy Pro first download it from the internet and follow these steps:
    1. Connect the memory stick to the USB port of your computer. And also make sure that the drive icon appears in My Computer.
    2. Click on the BadCopy Pro icon and choose "Flash Drive and Zip Disk" as recovery source on the left panel.
    3. Then choose the drive letter of your memory stick (for example – “ F: ”). Also choose the recovery mode on the right panel. If you need to recover formatted or deleted files from your memory stick, then you can choose “Rescue Lost Files – Mode #2”.
    4. After selecting the mode, click on Next and proceed with the instructions that follow. Once the recovery process is completed, you will find your lost data back.

I Have A Lexar Firefly Jumpdrive White. When I Set It, The Driver Letter Appears In Windows Xp But When I Try To Access It Gives The Report: [place A Diskette In Unit {drive} G:] And Can't Have Access What Shall I Do?
    Is There A Problem With The Partition?
    The System Recognizes The Drive Properly Or Not? (in System Device
    Manager The Lexar Jumpdrive Firefly Message Appears And Also The Intentification Numbers.
    Is There A Harware Lexar Device Problem?
    Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by CIACIACIACIACIACIA View Post
    I Have A Lexar Firefly Jumpdrive White. When I Set It, The Driver Letter Appears In Windows Xp But When I Try To Access It Gives The Report: [place A Diskette In Unit {drive} G:] And Can't Have Access What Shall I Do?
    Is There A Problem With The Partition?
    The System Recognizes The Drive Properly Or Not? (in System Device
    Manager The Lexar Jumpdrive Firefly Message Appears And Also The Intentification Numbers.
    Is There A Harware Lexar Device Problem?
    Thank You.
    Have you tried conneting your Lexar Firefly Jumpdrive to another computer and checked if it is working or not. Did you try to format the usb drive to get it working? If not, then open My Computer and then right click on the Usb drive and then click on Format. In the format window you can choose either Fat32 or Ntfs.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I Had Tried It To Another Pc With Windows 7 Installed. It Was Recognized After A Long Try But
    Things Didn't Change. For Very Serious Reasons
    We Don't Want The Drive To Be Formated And Loose
    The Data. Is There A Way For The Drive To Be Recognized Properly? Is There A Way To Access It
    Properly? (i Had Downloaded A New Driver For The
    Drive And The Hardware Search Procedure Said That There Isn't Any Information For Hardware I Try To Install{forgot To Mention That The Driver That The Windows Xp Are Using Is Old {2001}). What Shall We Do?.

Well, there are many recovery software available on the net that you can use. One such tool is called Memory Card Recovery Pro that you can search and download from google. Check if it is able to retrieve the lost data from your memory stick, if not then probably you will have to format the drive to get it working.

We Have Memory Card Recovery Pro But I Think That This Program Does Not Recover Other Files Than Media Files And Archive Files.
    We Used This Program But The Treasure Was Carbon (nothing).
    Is There Another Way To Recover The Data And Especially The Partition Than Formatting In Relation To Software?.
    In Other Words We Are Searching For A Program Which Does Good
    Partition Recovery.
    And Also For A Good Driver Which Will Allow Windows To Recognize
    The Memory Properly.

You can try out PartitionGuru software which is a partition management and data recovery program. In addition to traditional MBR partition table, it supports GUID partition table on GPT disks also. Download it by searching it on google.

We Have Partition Guru And Partition Guru Pro But
    Using Them Again The Treasure Was Carbon (nothing).
    We Used Also Other Programs Such As The Eassos
    Recovery Which Is Better But Again The Treasure
    Was Carbon And Also Other Such As The Isky Recovery, The Usb Flash Drive Recovery.
    We Discovered Something Else. When We Tried To
    Format The Drive, A Message Came Up Saying: (there Is No Diskette In Drive E: Put A Diskette In Drive And Try Again).
    We Don't Know If Lexar Has A New Driver For This
    Flash Memory But Windows Built-in Drivers Are
    Crap And Old What Shall We Do Know?

What exactly you mean by saying that "The Treasure Was Carbon"? And the error that you are getting makes me think that you have to ensure that any removable devices are not assigned to C: drive. For more information on how to solve the error that you are getting, go to this link here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330137

The removable devices are assigned to C: and are working but when this specific device connects to PC and any user
    tries to format it this message appears.
    We tried to do this with the managment option before long ago but nothing happend.