Thread: AC adapter in Sony Vaio VGN-CS215J heats up very quickly

AC adapter in Sony Vaio VGN-CS215J heats up very quickly

I purchased a laptop Sony Vaio VGN-CS215J last month. The OS installed in that laptop is Windows 7. I normally use that laptop for internet surfing and chatting. Yesterday I came across a strange issue while accessing the laptop. The AC adapter in my laptop gets very hot within 10 minutes of use. The adapter that came along with the laptop is VGP-AC19V27. I am not sure about the exact cause of this issue. I don’t know whether the adapter is defective or not. Is anyone aware about this issue? If yes then please help me out.

Re: AC adapter in Sony Vaio VGN-CS215J heats up very quickly

The issue that you have posted is not complicated. It can be easily solved. Many people have encountered such issues before but now it has been solved. I think you are facing this issue due to the battery problem. I think the battery in your laptop is causing the AC adapter to heat up. So to overcome this issue I would recommend you to replace the old battery with the new one. After the replacing the battery you won’t face such issues again. This solution worked out for many people.

I am grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome my issue. You are the only person who replied to my query. As specified by you in the post I replaced the battery with the new one but it was of no use. Even after replacing the battery I am facing the issue, the AC adapter gets heated up as usual. I noticed that was no change after replacing the battery. I tried a lot to overcome this issue but failed to do that. Is there any other solution to overcome this issue? If yes then please let me know about it.

The issue that you have posted is quite interesting. I will try my level best to help you to overcome the issue as much as I can. I also have a laptop but the AC adapter never gets heated up very quickly. If I use the laptop continuously for a longer period of time while charging only then the AC adapter gets heats up. AC adapter shouldn’t get heated to the extent that you have described. I think there is some defect in your AC adapter. To get rid from such issues I would suggest you replace the AC adapter with the new one. Try it out and inform me about the consequences.

I replaced the existing AC adapter with the new one as suggested by you, but it didn’t work out. I also noticed the same issue with the new AC adapter that I am using. Within the interval of 10 minutes the AC adapter used to get heated up. I also discussed this issue with my colleagues but they were not aware about such issues. Is there any other procedure to overcome the issue? Are you aware about it? If yes then please inform me about it.

This issue now seems to be complicated. As you are not having knowledge about the hardware this can be reason you are finding the issue even more difficult to solve it. Simplest way that I could advice you to solve your issue is that you need to visit the service center of Sony Vaio. Discuss this issue with the supervisor present over there. He will tell you the exact cause of this issue and if it is the hardware problem then he will definitely replace it if necessary. Your issue will be surely solved over there. He won’t charge you for this service if your laptop’s warranty exists.