Thread: Scripting error of winjpg in a laptop

Scripting error of winjpg in a laptop

I have been using a laptop from quite a long time, and it was working very fine, till now. When I start the laptop now, and open My Computer it shows the following error: “cannot find script files c:\WINDOWS\system32\winjpg.jpg”. I don’t know what is wrong with my laptop and why is it showing this error. I don’t even have a CD-ROM drive in my laptop, so I won’t be able to even boot it with a CD. Can anyone please suggest some me how can I deal with this problem without using a CD?

Re: Scripting error of winjpg in a laptop

In order to free your laptop from this error, you need to update your antivirus definitions to the latest from the internet. Once you have the latest updated antivirus, you can scan your laptop for possible viruses and threats. If it detects some viruses it will automatically delete them. Then you have to download Windows Registry Repair software from the internet. Install it into your hard-drive. It will remove the pop up error which resulted when you uninstalled a program....and not the script. Thus, it will repair the problem without affecting the other programs on the laptop.

You can also try the following steps: Plug an Ethernet lead from your router or modem to the laptop. Then restart your laptop n keep pressing F5 or F8. The screen with the modes will appear. Select Safe mode with networking. When you enter Safe mode, then download and run “rkill” . It will remove all the malware that blocked your security. Then download, install & update Malwarebytes Anti-malware do a full system scan and remove everything it detects. Also run any online scanner and let it remove any findings.

If the above two methods do not work then follow these steps: Open task manager and kill the process wscript.exe. Delete Anti.vbs file if you have found it in system32 folder. If its hidden then go to Folder Options and check the show hidden checkbox. Now go to the Start menu, then go to Run and type REGEDIT. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon . Look for the Shell logo on the right which will have the value of explorer.exe. Delete whatever is there on the right side. Look for Userinit under the same key Winlogon which will have value of c:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,. Delete everything that is after the comma.