Thread: Unable to access HDMI input on Sony Vaio VGC-LV150J

Unable to access HDMI input on Sony Vaio VGC-LV150J

Hi friends I am using Sony Vaio VGC-LV150J desktop pc. It has Windows 7 operating system. I had upgraded my system on Windows Vista. I had bought a new widescreen monitor that has a hdmi port. After connection I am not able to switch between vga and HDMI input. I had selected the source from the monitor but there is no display. I had connected my old monitor on vga where it is giving me proper output.

Re: Unable to access HDMI input on Sony Vaio VGC-LV150J

Can be due to incompatible cable. You have to find that first. You can buy a compatible cable from any local shop. Just get one and connect the same on your pc. When you are connecting the monitor on your hdmi remove the second monitor. Do not let them connected both. Then check I am sure you will get the output. Try to check one by one on all sources.

You have to check in bios first. Most of the time for display on vga is configured. To get display on other you have to enable vga/pci settings. This will allow you to get screen output from graphic cards. I do not think there is any issue with the hdmi cable. Just see the bios settings first. If nothing then there are chances that the hdmi cable you have is not proper. You have replace that in-order to fix the problem.

I am having the same issues. I know my hdmi feed is good, but it won't switch to that input.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmiles View Post
    I am having the same issues. I know my hdmi feed is good, but it won't switch to that input.
    Can you please elaborate what issues you are facing in more details. You can check the below document link of the users manual for the HDMI input settings:

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/VGCLV100series.pdf

The manual didn't help. I have a DVD player that I know is working, or a cable box that is working, plugged into the computer with a HDMI cable and my computer will not switch to the HDMI input. I push the button and it does nothing. As a matter of fact nothing on that panel does anything anymore, i.e. the volume buttons. I used to have my cable box hooked up with a HDMI and it worked fine until one day it just stopped working.?????

The manual didn't help. I have a DVD player that I know is working, or a cable box that is working, plugged into the computer with a HDMI cable and my computer will not switch to the HDMI input. I push the button and it does nothing. As a matter of fact nothing on that panel does anything anymore, i.e. the volume buttons. I used to have my cable box hooked up with a HDMI and it worked fine until one day it just stopped working.?????
    Can you try to test with a different device that uses the HDMI first to see if it works. If still not a single device is working then try to reinstall the graphics drivers for your laptop. If this stil doesnt work then you have to restore your operating system to factory settings but before that backup your important data first.

I said in my last post that it does not work with two separate HDMI devices that I know work. How do I reinstall the driver software? I am tech stupid but have some common sense, so please be clear and respond like I have never used a computer before in my life. Do you think the button could be bad?

I said in my last post that it does not work with two separate HDMI devices that I know work. How do I reinstall the driver software? I am tech stupid but have some common sense, so please be clear and respond like I have never used a computer before in my life. Do you think the button could be bad?
    You might have got a CD/DVD with your Sony laptop which has all the drivers for the motherboard and graphics display. Just put that in your dvd drive and then choose to install the graphics drivers again. After installation test with the hdmi devices again and see if that works. If you dont have the driver then you can download it from this link as well - http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-...d#/downloadTab